Newbie with Basic Questions

stevemackay

I've been using Logbook Pro since 2001 and am very familiar with it and its companion. I really want to learn APDL and so have a trial version. However I have some questions regarding the initial setup.

Firstly I am confused about the Timezone Settings under Preferences and I want to understand the implications of my selection. Basically my domicile is Chicago but I live in Salt Lake. So I set the following preferences:

Domicile's time Zone UTC -6 and checked adjust for daylight savings
Logbook Time Zone UTC -7 and checked adjust for daylight savings
Import Schedules in Local and checked daylight savings is in effect

My questions are.

1) What is the point of setting a domicile and logbook to two different time zones?
2)What effect does having the domicile's time zone different to the logbook time zone have on 1) ADPL and 2) Logbook pro when I sync the two?
3) My company appears only to list schedules in local time. It seems laborous to have to go through each destination and set the zulu offset. Is there a file I can import to set all the major US airport zulu offsets?

I have another question regarding importing my flight schedule that I'll post in another thread.

Thanks

Steve

1) What is the point of setting a domicile and logbook to two different time zones?

-This setting is used mainly for TAFB calculations.

2)What effect does having the domicile's time zone different to the logbook time zone have on 1) ADPL and 2) Logbook pro when I sync the two?

-None. All times are converted and sent to Logbook Pro in the Logbook Timezone.

3) My company appears only to list schedules in local time. It seems laborous to have to go through each destination and set the zulu offset. Is there a file I can import to set all the major US airport zulu offsets?

-I am sorry there is no magic file to download. You must manually configure each airport as it is added. Don't worry as you use the program it remembers and stores all the airports. Pretty soon you will not be entering airport info or at the worst only 1 or 2.

Attached is the manual for APDL.

Attachments

• apdl-palm.pdf
    277.9 KB · Views: 45
Back