PDA WIzard does not Import

bq77

RUnning Logbook Pro 10.10.23 and when running PDA wizard to sync recent flights, the program freezes (hourglass appears and nothing happens).
When I terminate the program (Ctrl_ALT DEL or else click the x box in the PDA window) I get the followinf message.

The Microsoft Jet Database engine can't find a record in the table 'tblAircraft' with key matching field(S) 'Aircraft'.

Any ideas as to the solution?

Thanks

The error when interrupting the program is normal, that can be disregarded, anything can happen with a CTRL-ALT-DEL. The question is what's going on with your PDA sync.

What type of device are you using?

What date filter setting did you have set?

I am using TREO 650 , ADPL Sync Eg. 1.4, Sync new ADPL Flight (Default) .
Logbook Pro Ver 1.10.23 Standard Editon.

Previously I've had no problems Syncing with the built in PDA Wizard.

Thanks.

ANy ideas. ..........I would like to sync my PDA to LBP. Still not able to sync...The PDA wizard opens up and then locks up when trying to import.

Aslo trying to submit a support ticket and after logging in and fill out the forms. I get an error requesting a valid email address (this is after I logged in ewith a valid email name!)

Hi,
I just got similar message:
Sync aborted
Pocket PC Backup and Data Transfer Failed.

I rebooted and re-installed :
LBP 1.10.23
Pocket PC APDL 6.0.3
APDL Sync Angine 1.4
I'm using Windows XP and Dell Axim Pocket PC. It all worked last time - 6/7/06.
Date filter was originally Flight On or After 06/07/06. I also tried New APDL Flights (6/6/06). I also changed date to 6/1/06 and 6/10/06 with same results (today is 11th).
However, the computer never locked up. Also I can still import schedule to the Pocket PC using Schedule Importer.

Thanks
Jay

Possible work around

RUnning Logbook Pro 10.10.23 and when running PDA wizard to sync recent flights, the program freezes (hourglass appears and nothing happens).
When I terminate the program (Ctrl_ALT DEL or else click the x box in the PDA window) I get the followinf message.

The Microsoft Jet Database engine can't find a record in the table 'tblAircraft' with key matching field(S) 'Aircraft'.

Any ideas as to the solution?

Thanks

I too have a treo 650 and I'm getting exactly the same errors. This work around works for me. In the PDA Sync Wizard, upper right hand corner "Sync Options:" Uncheck the "Enable Autofill" and "Generate ADPL reports" boxes.

I not sure which actully causes the error, I'll let Neal figure that one out. Hope this works for others.

-Joe

Thanks. I unchecked teh "create APDL Reports " option and got the flights to sync with one error. LBP only shows one landing on every entry when in fact I had up tp 3 landing (CA PF) showing on the APDL screen. But at least things are heading in the correct direction.

Please try only unchecking the APDL Reports as the AutoFill should not be causing a problem. The problem most likely lies within the APDL Reports area which we are investigating.
Neal-

I Re-enabled Autofill and it worked fine. So yes, indeed the problem lies with ADPL reports. I tried to created a support ticket yesterday, (with all of the palm files for troubleshooting) but I'm unsure if you received it. The support ticket system just hung when I clicked the submit button.

-Joe

Joe,

I don't believe I got it, please resubmit. There is also a bug open on the AutoFill overriding the incoming landings from APDL, it has actually already been fixed in the .24 build. We are "hoping" for a .24 release the end of this month.

Problems with the support side of the site

Neal-
Having some difficulty with the support side of the site. It will not let me log in. I keep getting an invalid username/password error. Thought I might have typed the password wrong, did the lost password feature and I'm using the correct one. I also tried to create a support ticket without loging in, but that isn't working either. I'll keep trying.

-joe

I am having the same issue. My desktop crashed and I have installed everything, including the operating system from scratch. Format C: and all... I have XP Pro and Treo 650 from Sprint. Schedule import works but syncing does not. I remove the reports option and it does complete the process. I have tried to enter some dummy data and it does not appear in Logbook Pro once synced. If this problem gets fixed will the sync occur during the tradtional hotsync or will we have to do everything from within Logbook Pro?

I also registered to submit a support ticket and have not received the confirmation email.

Thanks,
Chris

ckole said:
I am having the same issue. My desktop crashed and I have installed everything, including the operating system from scratch. Format C: and all... I have XP Pro and Treo 650 from Sprint. Schedule import works but syncing does not. I remove the reports option and it does complete the process. I have tried to enter some dummy data and it does not appear in Logbook Pro once synced. If this problem gets fixed will the sync occur during the tradtional hotsync or will we have to do everything from within Logbook Pro?

I also registered to submit a support ticket and have not received the confirmation email.

Thanks,
Chris
Hello Chris,

First off please realize only "flown" APDL flights will sync into Logbook Pro via the PDA Wizard. We check that the duration is > 0 as we don't import "future" flights. Second, we know there is a bug in the "APDL Reports" section that is being investigated and we hope to have a maintenance update out later this month. I suggest unchecking the "APDL Reports" option in the APDL configuration page. Last, make sure your date filter at the bottom of the APDL area covers the data in which you are trying to import. For example, make sure the date is showing prior to the date of your first APDL flight. After the first sync, "New APDL Flights" should suffice as Logbook Pro will find your last APDL imported record and use that date automatically. If none of the above works, please submit a support ticket with your PDA Wizard "Sync Log File" and your PDA data. The PDA data is in one of two locations, zip the folder and send us the zip file:

Palm:
C:\Program Files\palmOne\{Palm Username}\Backup

PPC
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\APDL Pocket PC\{8 digit ID}

NC Software said:
Hello Chris,

First off please realize only "flown" APDL flights will sync into Logbook Pro via the PDA Wizard. We check that the duration is > 0 as we don't import "future" flights. Second, we know there is a bug in the "APDL Reports" section that is being investigated and we hope to have a maintenance update out later this month. I suggest unchecking the "APDL Reports" option in the APDL configuration page. Last, make sure your date filter at the bottom of the APDL area covers the data in which you are trying to import. For example, make sure the date is showing prior to the date of your first APDL flight. After the first sync, "New APDL Flights" should suffice as Logbook Pro will find your last APDL imported record and use that date automatically. If none of the above works, please submit a support ticket with your PDA Wizard "Sync Log File" and your PDA data. The PDA data is in one of two locations, zip the folder and send us the zip file:

Palm:
C:\Program Files\palmOne\{Palm Username}\Backup

PPC
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\APDL Pocket PC\{8 digit ID}

I have been using the program for over a year so should I set the date all the way back to this? Or should I just make sure it is something like June 1, 2006.

Thanks

NC Software said:
Only your NEW flights or better put "the flights you wish to sync to Logbook Pro."

Mine is working now without the report feature in use. Thanks

Just upgraded to LBG ver 1.10.24 and still cannot import from PDA wizard UNLESS I uncheck the APDL report option. Exact same problem as the previous version. LBP syncs normally without the APDL option.

Am using Win XP Pro SP 2 Treo 650.

Thanks.

Steve

bq77 said:
Just upgraded to LBG ver 1.10.24 and still cannot import from PDA wizard UNLESS I uncheck the APDL report option. Exact same problem as the previous version. LBP syncs normally without the APDL option.

Am using Win XP Pro SP 2 Treo 650.

Thanks.

Steve
Steve,

Please ensure you also have APDL Palm OS 6.0.3 installed. The APDL Reports should not be causing any problem unless you may have something interfering with the file creation such as Norton Security or some other type of security system on your computer. For further assistance, please submit a support ticket and include your PDA Wizard Sync Log.

Still can't sych with reports active

I have all of the current versions as well and I am having the same issue. If you uncheck the reports function everything is ok. Otherwise it still hangs and when you cancel it your get some Microsoft Jet Database error message.

Back