Printing a Logbook

Hello,

After years of use I would like to print a paper logbook from my Logbook Pro account. Is my understanding correct that if I purchase the turn-key printing service and the binder this will be done for me? Also after I have my logbook will I be able to either purchase the appropriate paper to print my own updates or purchase a printed copy? Thanks for the help! Any other advice to get a logbook interview ready would be a great help.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member

rmcgrath

Also remember that if you include an image (jpg?b of your signature they will add the signature to each log page. I used the printing service when Comair shut down and just print the new pages myself.

Northern Lights

Hello, can someone please help me figure out how to print the Jeppeson style logbook? I created a report, and sent it to Fedex Office for printing, but it says that the paper size would be 22 by 8.5. I can not figure out how to split it in to two side by side pages. I need to get this printed ASAP, so I appreciate any help I can get. I have looked over other postings, but I simply can not figure it out. I already have paper that is 8.5 x 11 and is drilled to fit a landscape style binder. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks.

Andy Adams

Support Engineer
Staff member
You need to use the "Split Reports" option instead of the Jeppesen style option. Choose the commander binder size and it should fit 8.5 x 11 paper. Print some test pages to make sure the margins are right and the alignment is like you want before sending the entire job to Fedex for printing.

rmcgrath

When I want to get my updated pages printed I just do it at home. As I have a one-sided printer I have to print one side of each page then the other. If you do it at home, as a test, use some plain paper and print just 3 or 4 pages to get it figured out which way to insert the paper to print the other side and in which order. After doing it once, I made a note to myself how to do it so I don't have to figure it out again each time. FedEx might be easier but doing it at home is more convenient for me and cheaper.

minearsm

APDL Beta Team
Since someone already mentioned FedEx. I went to office max and bought green paper like the Jepp Logbook. I don't remember the weight, but it was heavy, not quite card stock. I took it to Kinkos and they trimmed it and drilled the holes to fit the Full Size(I think) logbook that can be bought here. I got 500 sheets drilled and cut for <$15.

Looks FANTASTIC!

You could probably buy a good laser printer and use it as a tax write-off if you don't already have one.

Last edited: