Printing both sides

rocketman

Neal,
I need to print a full copy of my logbook and buy a binder for it. I've looked over the options and guess it's going to be the Cirrus Elite full size.
Here's the question: I've customized the Jeppensen style report and it works fine. But I don't see a report that fits in an 8.5"x11" page using Jeppesen format. Is there such a thing? Or does this mean I need to use the spreadsheet style report?

How do I calculate how many blank to buy, and are ther instructions somewhere on printing with a duplex printer? I don't want to screw up with the price of the blank paper what it is. Does the binder and paper come with instructions?

Thanks,

Steve

Hello Steve,

You'll want to use the Split-Reports series of reports, you can create custom templates as desired. Make sure you're using 1.10.37, the latest version as of this writing. (Click Help...Check for Updates if needed)

The Cirrus Elite paper is 8.5 x 11 so it goes through your printer properly and then you tear away the perforated edges so it fits in the leather binders. As for the amount of paper, go to the last page number and divide by two, that's how many pages you'll need front/back printed, I'd add 50 to that to have extra and play it safe. As for how many binders you'll need see this KB article.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this message or submit a support ticket and include a backup of your Logbook Pro data file.

Okay, sounds good. Do you have a phone number I can call you at to discuss this in depth?
I need a bit more detail than that article gave me. The left page has a dotted red line in it, I assume meaning that's where it cuts off. I need to know how to set up the print so that everything gets on the left and right pages.

Also, when I go to Reports>Flight Log>Split Reports... then is it Old World or can you use Jeppesen Style reports?

You shouldn't be seeing a red line in the split-report series unless you modified the margins which I recommend NOT doing. There are two series of reports in the Split-Reports menu: Jeppesen Style (for the Full Size Binder) and the Premier/Old-World for the respective Old-World/Premier binders.

I suggest reviewing the Reports topics in the documentation (Help...Contents). I'm sorry but we do not offer phone support services. You can reply here or submit a support ticket for further assistance. If you'd like us to print your Logbook Pro data for you we do offer a turn-key printing service.

As far as I can tell there isn't any way to modify the margins, anyway. So I know I didn't do that.
I had to customize, but the Jeppesen style of report doesn't allow you to change the basic categories, etc. Just what goes into them.

Attachments

• left page.jpg
    left page.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 46
Back