printing help

m4j2t

Okay so I bought the binder and the paper. Now I'm trying to get a report that will print what I want. The template editor function seems limited (I dont want half a blank page of cat & class a/c that I will never fly), but thats not the real problem. The delay code ammended to the remarks column do no print inside the remarks box on the paper. The margins are incorrect, and they all get bunched up. Then they get cut off at the tops and bottoms and are unreadable. Instead of the program using the full width of the remarks column on the paper it's only using about .33 of the width center justified.

I use the delay code option on adpl to log more than one tail number and crewmember per day, while still being able to import in the combined option. (all flights on one line) It does a great job importing; the software adds all the tail numbers and crew members with a reference to flight numbers, and it look great on the screen. I need it to print that way.

Hello,

For optimal printing with our binder solutions, be sure first you are using 1.10.25, then use the "Split-Report" series of reports. You can print selectively, i.e. lefts, rights, or combined if you have a duplex printer. Please review the "Reports" topic in the documentation (Help...Contents).

If you require assistance with your printing, we now offer turn-key printing services where we will gladly do the printing for you. Submit a ticket to inquire if interested.

Please tell me there is way to print the Logbook reports so that they'll fit on a portrait layout page.

I managed to do this awhile back but for the life of me I can't figure it out again.

Thanks!

Hello,

Due to the number of columns of a logbook printout portrait layout is not recommended. The only way I can see it happening would be an export to PDF then use PDF's advanced layout options and zoom/fit to page features.

okay so when adpl syncs the notes to the remarks column it adds a line break for each note when there are multilpe flight numbers for on day. a symbol like this: ll shows up to separate the notes, and it is screwing up my printing process. I can remove them manually yes, but there are hundreds... How can I stop it from syncing that way, or how can I get the report editor to stop reading it as a line break? the notes just get stacked up and dont print inside the column on paper.

I use the delay code option on adpl to log more than one tail number and crewmember per day, while still being able to import in the combined option. (all flights on one line) It does a great job importing; the software adds all the tail numbers and crew members with a reference to flight numbers, and it look great on the screen. I need it to print that way.

How did you set that up in logbook pro? I am very interested in importing by day, and if your setup looks as good as you say, well... how did you set that up?

Thanks,
mitchican

I give up...

Please tell me there is way to print the Logbook reports so that they'll fit on a portrait layout page.

I managed to do this awhile back but for the life of me I can't figure it out again.

Thanks!

I gave up and printed in landscape. Trying to find a landscape oriented binder was a major pain. I finally found a landscape photo album with a nice leather look for 15 bucks. Looks great, if I do say so...

I finally found a landscape photo album with a nice leather look for 15 bucks. Looks great, if I do say so...

Where did you find a good looking legal leather binder? I'm having a very hard time! Thanks...

Brad

Go to Target, and head to the Photo Album section. Several to choose from in a landscape format. Just remove the photo pages and insert your logbook. Just interviewed at AS and the panel was impressed with my logbook. "Logbook envy" was the term from one Captain....

Guess you had to be there....

Brad J,

I just bought the "Full Size Desk and Carry" model (in brown leather) and it looks awesome. The problem is the binder is way too expensive ($132 i think it was). WSCRJ has a great idea - go to Target.

The problem I'm having now is finding an adjustable six-hole hole puncher. Anyone know where I can get one of those? I tried staples and had no luck.

AirMorgan

PS - I'm not willing to buy the expensive predrilled paper they sell for the binder (I've already paid too much).

Good luck...

Good luck finding a punch...I went everywhere. I finally gave up and went with a three ring punch in landscape format. Heck, even officeMax couldn't help me find a punch.

I ended up with a landscape oriented logbook 3-punched and placed in an immitation distressed leather landscape photo album I got at Target for $15. This way i was able to use a standard 3-punch with the hole punches adjusted for the size binder I was using.

The whole process of printing and binding my Logbook was a HUGE pain in the a**. In the end though, it really looked nice and the interview board was very complimentary. Good luck.
Brad J,

I just bought the "Full Size Desk and Carry" model (in brown leather) and it looks awesome. The problem is the binder is way too expensive ($132 i think it was). WSCRJ has a great idea - go to Target.

The problem I'm having now is finding an adjustable six-hole hole puncher. Anyone know where I can get one of those? I tried staples and had no luck.

AirMorgan

PS - I'm not willing to buy the expensive predrilled paper they sell for the binder (I've already paid too much).

for you that have found a photo album at target, could you specify which brand or post a picture or something? I have been unable to find anything at target (or wal-mart or office depot, or office max, or...) that resembles what you have described in landscape format. Thanks!!

Have any of you guys tried to take your printed pages to Kinko's and have them punch them for you? I think they would have the proper machine for a reasonable price!

Back