Printing on ONE page

jakeavis

Anyone have any suggestions on how to print a logbook on one page only, not L/R??

Thanks in advance, Jake

Hello Jake,

There is a lot of information and printing to one page is certainly not an easy task. There are a few options you may want to investigate.

1) Using legal sized paper landscape orientation (default)
2) Using the non-split series reports by clicking Reports...Flight Log...Jeppesen Style...Jeppesen Style Flight Log...Choose No Cover Page, then the bottom portion will show an option to remove the gap for a single page output.

Hope This Helps (HTH)

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

The more I use this program the more convinced I am as to just how horrible Logbook Pro is. I mean why does it have to be so hard to print on ONE PAGE?! Get your **** together guys!! Why can't I easily remove absurd columns?! If I could easily delete the rotorcraft/glider columns I probably wouldn't have a problem putting it all on one page?! Why can't I change the font size? I just want to print my effing logbook without slaughtering an entire forest or wasting hours of my life! I don't want to rename and reprogram columns! I want to click on what I need or don't need. This program is a huge mess and all you guys do on here is recommend hours and hours of reading to figure it out. Well guess what I don't have the time or inclination to do so. Once I salvage my logbook, I'm deleting your program and going to LogTen. I don't have a Mac but I'm at the point where I'm going to buy one just for that program. Logbook Pro just sucks too much and that is sad considering how much money I spent on it.

Last edited:
Mr. Bergeron,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration but unfortunately the report customization system does not allow removal of columns, only the repurposing of existing columns. Click here for a helpful article on this topic.

It's not practical to print a pilot logbook on a single page, as you know most if not all paper logs are two pages which makes the front/back better utilized to hold information. We do offer single page printing using the Jeppesen style logbook per the documentation (click here). You will need to set the paper to legal instead of letter in the page setup options.

If you require any further assistance feel free to open a support ticket on our help desk.

Neal,
I have read through all the documentation of how to print to a single page and I am completely confused? I am just now starting to input my 4100 hours of flight time into Logbook Pro and am starting to think it might be a waste of my time! Is that the case? I want to have the flexibility to delete the unneeded columns and print to a single page. If I am unable to do that please let me know so I can quit spending money on your company and find another route to transfer my paper logbook over to digital. Thanks

Jason,

A single page logbook report is not ideal, I'm not sure why you would want to do this. There is information you should display and just as paper logs span two pages, most likely your e-Log should too. You can create a custom report template as outlined in the documentation but you can also generate a one page layout with the Jeppesen style report as outlined here.

Well that one page option does exist and it will print as a jpeg image with a red line through it unless I decide to photo shop the line out of it. I may need to look elsewhere. I would think that my logbook could be formatted how I want it and not how your programmers want it. Hope all goes well in the future.

The easy fix would be to make the columns editable. I have only flown T-37, T-2, T-45, F-18, F-16, F-5, and F-14 so I do not need the rotary, sea, etc... to take up 3.5 inches of usable paper that requires me to use 2 pages. Is this an issue that is being addressed? If not I will look elsewhere. It seems like a simple fix to me.

I know your response will be that they are editable. I mean I need the ability to delete and resize as I see fit.

You can repurpose those columns for your military flying that you may want to show such as carrier landings, NVG, combat, etc. Here are a few links to assist you. And yes, our vNext product will have a completely customizable report designer where you can take a blank report and build your own.

Logbook Pro April Newsletter

I highly recommend producing a split-reports style report:

Logbook Pro January Newsletter

Any clue as to when Vnext might possilbly be? I have changed several columns to what I would need to enter and still have 4 columns I would like to delete.

2) Using the non-split series reports by clicking Reports...Flight Log...Jeppesen Style...Jeppesen Style Flight Log...Choose No Cover Page, then the bottom portion will show an option to remove the gap for a single page output.

This does not work. It still produces pages with a 2.00in gap in between Page 1 and Page 2. How do I get a Jeppesen style report without the gap between the pages?

If you read my entire post, I did refer and even quote the posts above. I have also read an followed the documentation. Following your steps:

Using the non-split series reports by clicking Reports...Flight Log...Jeppesen Style...Jeppesen Style Flight Log...Choose No Cover Page, then the bottom portion will show an option to remove the gap for a single page output.

Does not work. It still produces a Jeppesen style report with a 2.00in gap in between Page 1 and Page 2. Please help! I have ground school for a major airline starting Wednesday and I need to be able to print my logbook!

Have you gone into page setup and specified a larger paper size such as 11 x 17 or 8.5 x 14? When you run the report did you choose the single page output option? The reports are too wide for a standard "Letter" 8.5 x 11 sized paper. The recommended output for Logbook Pro reports is the Reports / Flight Log / Split Report series

For support please contact us at NC Software Help Desk and we'll try to assist you further. Please export your report to PDF and attach that with your support inquiry. Also make sure you are using the latest version which is 1.16.9.

Yes I have set the page output to 11x17 and chosen the no cover page then single page output option. I dont need a split report as I have the ability to print and bind anything I need up to 36x24.

I will open a ticket and send the information you've requested.

Back