Printing Question

wwjdpilot

I started out yesterday printing my logbook (all 209 pages) using the Premier template. It printed the odd pages first, starting with the last page working toward the first page. Then I inserted the pages again to print the even pages, which was working fine until my printer sucked up two pages at once, effectively skipping the back side of one of the pages. I stopped the printing and now have the final 84 odd pages of the report. Is there any way to print the 84 even pages without having to print the odd ones first? I tried creating a logbook template with just the 'right hand' side information, but that didn't work. I have tried printing from the final page back to the front in hopes of getting the even pages to print first, but that didn't work either. Do you have any suggestions?

Not that I know of unfortunately, unless you do some Adobe Acrobat magic, which offers more printing power. Best of luck, I can only imagine the cringe when the printer got hungry on you!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

With the exception of the above-mentioned problem of skipping a page and throwing the count off, I don't think that there is a problem with the printing method of this program. You just have to out-smart it.

For example, say you have a 5 page logbook. When you print it out, you actually print 10 pages. The program prints the 'odd' pages first (9,7,5,3,1), then the 'even' pages (2,4,6,8,10). To end up with a 'blank first page' simply take page '1' out of the pile when you start to print the 'even' pages. Page '2' will be printed on the back of page '3', '4' on the back of '5', and so on.
When the printing is all done, just re-index them and you have your paper logbook suitable for placing in a binder.

As you add entries to make a page six, you have to start printing with page 5 to make the additional pages fit front to back. For example, print pages 5 & 6 and the printer will print pages 11 and 9. Take page 9 off of the pile and re-insert page 11. Page 10 will print on the back of that and then out pops page 12.

You have just successfully added one more page of your logbook in the traditional logbook style.

Clear as mud? /forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Back