Route Browser 2 upgrade?

TREO 700P

Well, got an upgrade email for the Route Browser for my LogbookPro., however, this is the message I get when I try to install it.

Email I received:
"Please find your complimentary upgrade to the newly released FlightCentral Route Browser version 2 as you qualify for a free upgrade with your version 1 purchase within the last 30 days. You can download Route Browser version 2 from http://www.logbookpro.com/Download.aspx?ProductID=route-browser."

When attempting to upgrade:
"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel."

- I do not want to delete my program and reinstall it, I’d lose lots of info already there...

Ideas?

Last edited:
Treo,

I did the upgrade thing yesterday. If you want to be able to return to v1, you should save your airports.apt file somewhere safe before uninstalling Route Browser. It contains all the airports you may have added that weren't in the original database. Otherwise, RB gets all it's info from your LBP data file.

v2.0 has an excellent database that includes international airports. It only found 5 ID entries (out of my 2600 or so) that it couldn't map. One of them was Meigs (no longer open), the rest were re-named airports. There's a nice utility function that lets you enter the old and new IDs for the airports and all occurences of them in your data will be addressed. Here's a useful link for helping with this process: http://www.airnav.com/airports/id-changes-all.html

Karl

I did the upgrade thing yesterday. If you want to be able to return to v1, you should save your airports.apt file somewhere safe before uninstalling Route Browser. It contains all the airports you may have added that weren't in the original database. Otherwise, RB gets all it's info from your LBP data file.

v2.0 has an excellent database that includes international airports. It only found 5 ID entries (out of my 2600 or so) that it couldn't map. One of them was Meigs (no longer open), the rest were re-named airports. There's a nice utility function that lets you enter the old and new IDs for the airports and all occurences of them in your data will be addressed. Here's a useful link for helping with this process: http://www.airnav.com/airports/id-changes-all.html

Karl

Hi Karl, thanks for the quick reply,

My confusion was that the only two programs I could see in Add/Delete were LogPro Companion and Logbook Pro for Windows, nothing under Route Browser even though I knew I had downloaded it. I totally missed looking under Flight Central Route Browser – my mind was set on Logbook Pro not Flight Central.

So I was about to delete LogBook Pro for Windows as I thought that somehow, those two programs were interconnected and if I deleted it and reinstalled route browser both the Browser and Logbook Pro would get reinstalled. I kept wondering how all the logbook entries would be stored if I deleted and reinstalled?! ;)

Man, I'm glad I waited until I saw you reply, because as soon as you said "before uninstalling route browser" I went back and looked further for that file - sure enough it was under Flight Central Route Browser, not just Route Browser.

Shows two things:
1) how little I know about computers and software programs and also
2) how it pays to be patient sometimes.

I deleted the FLIGHT CENTRAL Route Browser and reinstalled it - works great – thanks again for the quick reply.

Last edited:
Back