Status Board New Widget Ideas

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Requesting new widgets on the Status Board, please.

• Departure gate
  • Arrival gate
  • Departure weather: temperature F/C, clouds, altimeter, visibility, wind... (METAR info decoded and/or raw)
  • Arrival weather: temperature F/C, clouds, altimeter, visibility, wind... (METAR info decoded and/or raw)
  • Forecasted weather for Depature (TAF info decoded and/or raw)
  • Forecasted weather for Arrival (TAF info decoded and/or raw)
  • Runways with crosswind/tailwind/headwind
  • Sunrise/Sunset

Basically, all the information available in Aero Weather cloned for APDL.

Screenshot_2014-11-16-14-06-46.png

Last edited:
Widget suggestion...based on the next segment time, I suggest only showing sunrise or sunset:

_test.png

What I "think" is happening is both of your devices are older (iPad 2, iPhone 4S) and I suspect not handling the more advanced or intensive apps (memory issues). iOS I believe is reclaiming memory so APDL's background running is probably getting suspended.
I'll accept that. I did confirm that Background refresh was on. I cycled the setting on both devices. No effect.

On behalf of EricW:
I'd like a widget on the status board or in my Notification Center that always keeps my home time zone time (not domicile if it's different) displayed for easy, quick reference.

We did have a problem with the SB showing on app resume in the 703 series which was fixed. I have not seeing this in 704, my devices are resuming properly to the SB. What I "think" is happening is both of your devices are older (iPad 2, iPhone 4S) and I suspect not handling the more advanced or intensive apps (memory issues). iOS I believe is reclaiming memory so APDL's background running is probably getting suspended. On that note as thoughts come to my mind as I type here, go to your Device Settings / General / Background App Refresh and make sure APDL is ON and see if that resolves it. If you've taken any drastic measures to save battery it may be related to this.

I want to work with you on this and see the problem. When you see this please create/add to a thread and show me what you see and tell me what you expect to see and why. Let's pin this down.

Thanks Angel.

This is not working correctly for me either. I have an iPad Air. It will load the weather with a data connection. Later on in flight, the weather is not there anymore. I also have an EFB on my iPad, so that is using a lot of memory too I suspose.

Also, SB does not come up to the appropriate tab when I open up APDL for me either. Once you click on another tab, it highlights yellow/white appropriately, but if you leave the app and come back it always comes up to the "On Duty" tab regardless.

We have a case already open on the status board phase but if you can create a new thread when you see this occur and explain what you see and why you think it should be different including screenshots that would help.

We will also look into the weather cache issue. If the app remains offline (airplane mode, etc.) the cache should persist, once the Internet is detected it will try to refresh.

I will take some screenshots tomorrow during my flights regarding the SB issue.

As to the weather cache issue, that should display in those same screenshots. The cache is not persisting in airplane mode for me.

Call Hotel and Report Time

This is what I could come up with (iPhone 5s screenshot):

attachment.php

(The report time is requested in post #44 of http://forums.nc-software.com/apdl-suggestions/7975-status-board-new-widget-ideas.html)

- Tapping on this widget should bring up the current hotel's details screen, allowing us to call the hotel and view the crew names.

- Report should display the next scheduled report time

- Accommodations should display the previous day's hotel info until Report Time is passed
-- The exception to this rule should be in the time frame between TRIP Release and the next TRIP report. Then you can simply display "In Domicile" or some other text as appropriate.

Attachments

• Hotel-Report.jpg
    Hotel-Report.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hey Neal,
The status board is great, I really like the choice of options.
Has any thought been given to have an option that shows a/c tail number?

Back