Status of APDL to LBP sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress on APDL to LBP sync?

Anything yet? It's been a long time and I'm getting tired of doing twice as much work to have a logbook and use APDL. The pace of updates seems to have slowed. Initially you seemed interested in fixing the problems with this app quickly. We haven't seen a new update in a long time and the app still has problems. There are still a lot of features that need to be implemented. The low hanging fruit was fixed pretty quickly, but it seems like there have not been any new developments. What's going on?

Well, 90 day free trial period is over tomorrow. Sorry APDL/Logbook Pro. This software needs major help for the very EXPENSIVE price. Software doesn't understand importing a trip after already entering an airport standby FDP.
Forced to use schedule importer on a web browser to edit imported schedules (can't do it using schedule importer in APDL). Does NOT sync to Logbook Pro!! Disappointing... price is crazy

Roger,

Thank you for the feedback, we're sorry to hear that. We believe $12.50/month is a fair price for the value of the app. If you don't find the value of APDL for your professional use then that is certainly your decision. We are working on Logbook Pro's Sync from APDL as stated in other areas expected in the June time frame. You can always check back later if you wish to see how things are evolving. All the best...

Any updates on syncing APDL to LBP? I seem to remember something about a June timeline. As "wonderful" as you say APDL is , some of us just want an easier way to log our time. If these delays continue, would you consider reacivating the PALM sync portal so that we can log our flight time that way? Thanks,

bq77,
right now, to keep my LBP current without having to enter info manually I still use my Palm to enter the flight data as well as my iPod touch for the new APDL. some of the guys I fly with laugh because I'm entering twice and on a museum piece at that. I can manually build my entire 4-day trip on the first leg then it's just upkeep during the leg to enter the actual info. As for getting it into LBP, I still do it the way I've done it since 2002, sync the Palm to the desktop computer, open LBP and click the PDA Wizard. I've never used the Palm portal so don't know about that. the Palm HotSync works in XP, Vista and Win 7 ( I don't have Win 8 so don't know about that). In Vista and Win 7, remember to open HotSync manager as Administrator, it's the only way HotSync works (right-click on HotSync Manager and choose Run as Administrator then do the HotSync).
I am looking forward to donating my Palm to a museum although I will really miss it. Data entry with the handwriting recognition is so much easier than entering with the keyboard on the apple products.
If you have any questions, just ask.
Rob

I know I can/could use the Palm "manually" as you do but I had a paid subscription to import my schedules. This option was taken away from us when the new APDL was introduced. I am not willing to double enter the flight times in the palm as I am usually flying 12 to 16 leg trips weekly. All I am asking for is for the new APDL to be able to transfer the times to LBP OR just reactivate the Palm schedule importer to let those of us wanting to import or flight times to do so.

June is almost over. Anything yet? This is crazy. You released an upgrade to a sw product without implementing one of the main features of the original product.

Logbook Pro sync is not a feature of APDL and never has been. It is a feature of Logbook Pro. When the Logbook Pro Desktop is complete it will have the capability of importing data from APDL for iOS. I have no date to announce as we don't ever announces dates for this reason and should not have. When it's ready either in public beta or production release it will be announced on this forum or via our newsletters. As I stated before, APDL was released when it was ready for airline pilots to take advantage of what it offers for FAR 117 features, etc. We certainly could have held the release until every ancillary item was complete but then you wouldn't have it for the purpose of APDL. I certainly understand your situation and that of others, we are not a team of 1,000 developers. We have been giving APDL top priority and we are nearing the end of an important APDL update that I'm sure is more important to you than Logbook Pro import as you can handle that situation by logging your flights into Logbook Pro directly in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back