• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL version 9.3 now on the Apple App Store. Click here to review what's new and download the latest version. New users enjoy the first 90 DAYS FREE.

Suggestion for Next Version

Dear Neal,</o:p>
</o:p>
I love the product and wouldn't trade it, except for an upgrade, and offer these suggestions in the spirit of allowing you the insights and experiences of a brand new user. I am manually entering 11 years of data from my paper logbook. I hope you find them constructive and useful. If you have any questions, I would be glad to help.</o:p>
Having used your product for one week I make the following suggestions:</o:p>
1) Add the ability to manually lock or unlock records. I have inadvertently changed data in a record/s. It is a nightmare to figure out which record/s are now in error. I believe this could be easily prevented by creating the ability to lock records. I am manually entering 11 years of data and confirm the accuracy of entries one paper logbook page at a time via the analyzer. Once confirmed I would like to be able to lock those records to prevent any inadvertent changes. The way I made the inadvertent changes was invariably in the Logbook Windows view. I would not realize I was in an existing record and start to enter a new flight data. This over wrote the existing data. Once I got more familiar with the way things work I haven’t made this mistake again, but for a rookie user this would be a great feature.</o:p>
2) Have the analyzer default to the last used dates. This way I can more speedily change just one of the defaults. Per the note above, once I have confirmed that particular pages entries, I then confirm the grand totals up to that page. When I select new dates from the analyzer I have to enter both the beginning and end dates again. If it remembered the previously used dates I would only have to change is the beginning date, which I would set back to my very first flight. In my case, having started from the beginning of my paper logbook I have to click back 11 years for both the beginning and end dates. I do this via the year by year drop down, not the monthly drop down but it is still tedious.</o:p>
3) As I mentioned to you in an earlier e-mail I would like the option to do global replaces. In this particular case I had made a bunch of entries for C-152's in six different aircraft. I then added a C-152 aerobat aircraft type. It was one of the C-152's already entered in all the C-152 entries.