Sync to Logbook Pro

FlyingSioux

The ability to seamlessly sync to Logbook Pro Desktop is a must.

I am currently evaluating APDL and love it, but the cumbersome requirement to export then import flight info via a website is an absolute deal-breaker. If technical difficulties prevent this from ever happening let the users know up front. I for one will not be spending hundreds of dollars on APDL until this oversight is fixed.

Hello Trevor,

It's no "over sight" we simply have been investing 200% of our time in getting APDL to where it is that you love now. Thank you for your compliments. Sync to Logbook Pro is coming but we wanted a solution for ALL on APDL.net so they can take the data to any logbook of their choosing including Logbook Pro. Logbook Pro Desktop is in the works now and when it's ready (no date to announce) it will have the seamless Logbook Pro sync. You don't have the port the data now unless you want to, use APDL and when that next update to Logbook Pro comes out import it then but at least you have an option available now if needed. It should be very fast to do even now with APDL.net because you can generate your map/template file and reuse it for example monthly to import the APDL data as needed. The Logbook Pro Import Wizard can be very fast to use once you have your .map file which we created for you on APDL.net as a starting point.

Easy Sync from APDL to Logbook Pro?

Hi Neal,

I've been using Logbook Pro since about 2001 or so. I also have Logbook Pro Mobile on my iPad as well. I have just begun using the APDL and today I still had to export the APDL flight data as a .csv or text file, import it into Excel to configure it to match my Logbook Pro format, and then import it into Logbook Pro.

I'm no computer guru for sure, but I'm wondering why I can sync my desktop to my mobile version, but I can't sync my APDL automatically to either? Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Ted

Hi Neal,

I've been using Logbook Pro since about 2001 or so. I also have Logbook Pro Mobile on my iPad as well. I have just begun using the APDL and today I still had to export the APDL flight data as a .csv or text file, import it into Excel to configure it to match my Logbook Pro format, and then import it into Logbook Pro.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Ted
You do not need to manipulate the CSV file. Export as CSV or TAB and then follow the instructions here:
http://docs.nc-software.com/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=76415541#content/view/76415550

Some additional help:

1. copy your .lbk file to a safe place such as desktop as well as a USB drive. This way you can test the importer at your will, all you have to do is copy the original file back to your logbook file destination and fire up LBP again.
attachment.php

2. Once you have your by-leg data, click "Download TAB File" - save it. Click "Download Import Map" - save it.
attachment.php

3. In LBP Options - make sure your aircraft type exactly matches how you have it in APDL otherwise you will have an additional type imported when finished.
attachment.php

4. Also in Options - add new Custom Text fields such as Crew and Flight # (if desired) [be sure the Text Fields tab is selected!]
attachment.php

5. In the Importer - browse to your TAB File that you saved earlier. Select MM (minutes). I did "Do not backup" as well - but that's just me. Select Execute AutoFill checkbox.
attachment.php

6. Select Next, Next. Press the button to load the map template you downloaded earlier. Select your fields that correspond to the columns. ("Duration" for Block, etc). Once completed be sure to save your template!!! You can simply overwrite the APDL-map template you downloaded earlier.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I have been monitoring the APDL/Logbook pro desktop issue for a while, and it appears that after 18 years, there is no real intent to have a simple process to transfer logbook info between the two programs.

I agree with others that to use APDL now, and to pay for it is a waste of money and time.

When NC becomes serious regarding this, then I will reconsider the product, but for now this product is off my radar.

Back