Time calculations

pcohen

So now I have to enter every flight in 2 different apps, ADPL and LBP MOBILE in order to keep a current logbook. I notice that for some reason LBP mobile does not automatically calculate the duration of each flight based on the out and in times. I notice that I have to hit the little calculator icon next to DURATION. This means that if I forget to hit that button, incorrect times go into my logbook. Am I doing something wrong? Why can't it do the math automatically?

I don't use the OOOI times in LBPM, I use the Time Calculator to enter my Start and End times for each leg. The Time Calculator will keep a running total of your day. At the end of the day just tap the arrow in the screenshot to autofill your times.

Note: This is for logging per day and not per leg.
5bf4a3f4201ca0d99acbcf3fc16e0b1b.jpg

If you are logging by day follow the example above.

If you are logging by leg
Fill in the OOOI Times
Tap on the Calc icon next to duration to calc the duration from the OOOI times.
Copy the duration into any other field you desire
Fill in the other fields as desired
Save the flight and sync to Logbook Pro as you wish

Check to make sure you have the auto cal set to OUT TO IN vs TAKEOFF TO LAND
To find this setting go to
Settings....Flight Log and scroll down to DURATION/SIM CALC and select it and make sure it is set to OUT TO IN.

That is really annoying. Like I said, if I forget to hit the calc button, my logbook is wrong. Shouldn't this autocorrect somehow? This must be the only logbook software that requires the user to tell it to calculate duration. What is the advantage to this?

I imported the pending trips, so it is putting Scheduled in duration. When I correct those times to actual I have to make sure I hit the calc button. There needs to be a way to automatically populate the duration! Why would it ever need to be different than Out-In, if that is what it is set to?

It's not an airline app - some people don't log OUT/IN, some log Takeoff/Land. The app is smart and knows if you only enter OUT/IN or OFF/ON - tapping the calculator button will calc regardless of the app settings. The app settings for what to use to Calc only applies if all four OOOI are filled in. Duration is not automatically entered as you may not be done entering times such as OOOI or none and manually entering a duration. It's just the way Logbook Pro is designed. You can still use AutoFill and other features as outlined in the Logbook Pro Mobile Documentation.

The app settings for what to use to Calc only applies if all four OOOI are filled in. Duration is not automatically entered as you may not be done entering times such as OOOI or none and manually entering a duration. It's just the way Logbook Pro is designed. You can still use AutoFill and other features as outlined in the Logbook Pro Mobile Documentation.

I agree with pcohen on this one. I only update the Out and In times and want the duration to update using those values. I don't want to have to enter OFF and ON times because they are useless.

Back