Updating to ver 1.10.26

speedbump

I've submitted a support ticket on my problem, however for the benefit of anyone else who may be experiencing this problem I'm posting it here as well.

After accepting the upgrade offer presented on closing LB Pro (Ver 1.10.25) I get a normal download... After the Install Shield Wizard runs I get 2 errors:

1. Error 2725 Invalid Database Tables (click cancel)

2.Feature Transfer Error. Error -1603 Fatal Error during installation, consult windows installer help. cmsi.chm or MSDN for more information.

BTW Neal I just noticed in my support ticket confirmation email that I titled this upgrading from ver 1.10.25 to 1.10.25... should have said to 1.10.26.

Cheers

I'm researching the error, I did not get this issue in testing. In the interim, uninsall Logbook Pro from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area, download and install the full installer from this web site.

Hi Neal,
I'm running windows xp pro with service pack 2 and all updates. LBP is currently at 1.10.25

Neal,
Just thought of something odd. I just finished upgrading my motherboard, processor, and hard drives. When I launched LBP this morning it started the windows installer before opening LBP. It struck me as being odd but I attributed it to the hardware upgrades. I thought I'd mention it in case the others who are seeing the error had the same thing happen. Also I upgraded to an AMD 64 X2 processor. Just in case that might help narrow it down.

Neal,
The full install worked fine. When I went to add/remove programs I had an entry there for 1.9. I removed it also in case there were artifacts from it left hanging around in the system.

Thanks Rich! I'm retesting the upgrade paths and so far I cannot duplicate this issue. I did a full install of 1.10.25 then patched to 26 fine. I'm now trying a full install of 1.10.23, patch to 25, patch to 26 to try and duplicate the issue. If unable, I'll have to leave this rare exception with the suggestion of downloading the full installation to resolve the issue.

As a result of the change to the new InstallShield 12 system, I had to pull the patch level updates. Instead, prior versions will be "patched" using the full install, which tests good.

Thanks to all in this thread for reporting the issue. Again, to install 1.10.26, just download the full install from this web site. Uninstalling of the older version is not required, but is recommended. The new installer should actually remove the old version automatically and replace it with the new version.

*Uninstall/Reinstall does not affect data or registrations.

The full install solved the problem here as well... Problem solved in less than 24 hours... Amazing support as always... Thanks Neal, your dedication to this product and it's users is amazing, and very much appreciated.

Cheers
SB

Relevance for v1.10.24??

I think the first version I installed was v1.10.24, then the upgraded to v1.10.25{currently running}, don't remember whether it was a patch or full install?

Should I upgrade to v1.10.26 via the full install (like v1.10.23) or some other way?

Also what effect will the upgrade to v1.10.26 have on my current installation of PPC v1.10.16??

Yankee Clipper

I think the first version I installed was v1.10.24, then the upgraded to v1.10.25{currently running}, don't remember whether it was a patch or full install?

Should I upgrade to v1.10.26 via the full install (like v1.10.23) or some other way?

Also what effect will the upgrade to v1.10.26 have on my current installation of PPC v1.10.16??

Yankee Clipper

Hello YC,

It won't do any harm to uninstall via the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area then install 1.10.26 from a fresh download. Data and Registrations are unaffected by uninstall/installs.

Back