Windows 8 Phone

Hello Victor,

We are watching market adoption and assessing the time/resources required to add Surface/Windows Phone 8 support or defer until later. We have a lot in the works as discussed in our recent newsletter.

Logbook Pro November 2012 Newsletter

any updates on this as Windows 8 phone is now well ahead of BB and gaining more market share with Nokia and most carriers now offering this more streamlined and efficient OS?

It is only in the consideration process, the new Windows Phone 8.1 coming supposedly June 24th really interests us, we just have to find the resources and time. We still don't know the consumer base and whether it's worth it but I really want to create the app.

Add Me To The List of Windows Phone Users

It is only in the consideration process, the new Windows Phone 8.1 coming supposedly June 24th really interests us, we just have to find the resources and time. We still don't know the consumer base and whether it's worth it but I really want to create the app.

I would very much like an app developed for Windows Phone 8.1 that would sync up with Logbook Pro for my desktop.

As for Windows Phone, you are 2.7% of the phone market. This is a number that would not be a sound business decision to target and the loss would be significant.

As for tablets, even though the Android OS commands 67.4% of the market, iOS is the preferred tablet of choice by the airline industry with 25.6% of the total OS market share. This is a sound decision by the CEOs given the walled-garden of iOS. For kicks (since I know of at least one regional airline who is promising Windows tablets), Windows pulls in only 7% of the market share.

Despite the interest from a few NC Software customers, the recent rumors and scant market share do not look good for the future of a possible Windows Phone app.

Source: Market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC)

Back