xp sp1

Sorry, I thought you wrote: 'When you are sure you have the latest version installed, please continue with posting your support issue.'/forums/emoticons/confused.gif

/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Not a problem. Everyone affected, proceed to holding, 2,000ft increments, I'll advise as soon as I can clear everyone for an approach when I have a fix available. Stay tuned!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Prepare for approach clearance, the problem has been resolved. I am running through QA testing and hope to have the fix out tonight or tomorrow. There is one additional issue in the Palm Companion I want fixed prior to releasing this next patch as well.

Thanks all for your patience. I will have the update out very very soon!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I just uploaded an 'untested' patch to bring 1.7.40/41 up to the latest build of 1.7.50. For those willing to test, the link is below. The primary fix is to run under Windows XP SP1 and the popup calendar issues in the Spreadsheet Style log. The Windows Style log also had the approach section redesigned. The Palm Companion is updated to 1.0.3 in this build as well, be sure to sync your PDA's prior to installing the new build as it will overwrite your existing data.

Please advise is the patch update works and if Logbook Pro is now running under Windows XP SP1. I am noticing a slight delay on launch only on first use of Logbook Pro with Windows XP which is related to a recent security update with Windows XP that is still being ironed out. Subsequent launches are instantaneous.

Download the two meg patch from this link:

download.logbookpro.com/lbpro1750updt.exe

Please report success or failure ASAP so we can go public on this update this weekend.

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hello,

I just downloaded the patch. When I run it, it goes throught the 'Preparing to Install' dialog and then I get a popup dialog that says, 'This patch package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.' Then you hit OK and it closes.

Hope this helps.

- Chris Huffman

ChrisH,

I can't tell what version of Logbook Pro you have installed from your profile, please click USER CP then Edit Profile and fill in the information at the bottom.

I built a new patch strictly to bring up 1.7.41 to 1.7.50, the link is below. If this fails, I included the full build of 1.7.50. Uninstall the old version, install the new full version if the patch doesn't work.

1.7.50 Patch from .41:

download.logbookpro.com/lbpro41to50.exe

Full Build:

download.logbookpro.com/beta/lbproNoMSI.exe

Please let me know ASAP if this resolves the XP SP1 issue and please also test the Palm Companion (those using it) to ensure 1.0.3 is working as advertised.

Thanks!!!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hi Neal,

I had version .41 before. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Anyway, I downloaded lbpro41to50.exe and it installed just fine. I added a logbook entry and noted something a little peculiar. The logbook had been reset to display all the default fields, but it showed the fields I didn't have displayed before I upgraded with a width of 1 or 2 pixels. All I knew was that as I tabbed across doing my entry the cursor would disappear (presumably into these tiny fields). I could tell there was something between my normal fields, and when I grabbed the edges and widened them I could see what they were. I went to the Flight Log Display Options, unchecked those fields I didn't use, and everything worked fine again.

Off topic, you guys don't happen to have an academic price for starving College students studying aviation, do you? /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Hope this helps!

- Chris Huffman

Hi Neal,

I also experienced 1.7.0.41 no longer working under Win XP sp#1.

I could not install the 1.7.0.50 MSI update either but the nonMSI update worked fine!

Hope this resolves the issue.
Thanks

Andre

Back