Always display a crewtrac style pairing ON THE LOCK SCREEN

pcohen

How about an improved notifier that would always display a crewtrac style pairing ON THE LOCK SCREEN of the device staring at a user-selected time before the trip begins and staying on the lock screen thru the duration of the trip. That would be great, replacing the printed pairing that we used to carry around in our id pouches. It would be awesome to just touch the power button on our phones and automatically see our schedule.

You can take a screen shot of your schedule in APDL or on the company web page in the ios. Then in your ios settings set it to your lock screen image.

Not the point. I want the software to do it automatically. There is a flica app for Android that does that.

Unfortunately iOS is still not caught up to current technology and the text notifications that APDL currently gives you is the limit of capability of iOS.

The closest view you can get is the current trip screen. Additional flight info has been requested for the current trip screen but the app has limited viewable screen real estate on the iPhone. I know that this is still not what you want as you have to unlock the phone, launch the app and then tap a menu item but it's most likely going to be the closest we will ever get with the limitations of Apple's mobile operating system.

You can always snap shot your schedule and make it the background.

Unfortunately iOS is still not caught up to current technology and the text notifications that APDL currently gives you is the limit of capability of iOS.

The closest view you can get is the current trip screen. Additional flight info has been requested for the current trip screen but the app has limited viewable screen real estate on the iPhone. I know that this is still not what you want as you have to unlock the phone, launch the app and then tap a menu item but it's most likely going to be the closest we will ever get with the limitations of Apple's mobile operating system.

I don't believe that. Why does my boarding pass appear in the lock screen when I go to the airport for a flight?. Why does my Starbucks card appear on the lock screen when I am in the vicinity of the Starbucks in the E concourse at ORD. I just googled it and apparently there is something called a "today widget" which until recently was something that ios does much better than Android.

Phil - what you are seeing is related to the iOS "Passbook" app. iOS 8 allows us to create widgets and we do plan on doing so. When that does happen we "may" need to drop support for iOS 7, which is fine at some point in time. Moral is - we ARE planning on creating iOS 8 widgets that you can add to your TODAY screen in iOS 8 only.

Back