Feature Request Actual route displayed?

ibrubeer

I swear that I saw a week or 2 ago that the route display showed the actual route at some point. I kind of liked that. Now it's back to a generic straight line between the 2 cities. Was that just a fluke? Any plans to return that?

I swear that I saw a week or 2 ago that the route display showed the actual route at some point. I kind of liked that. Now it's back to a generic straight line between the 2 cities. Was that just a fluke? Any plans to return that?

I don't think you saw what you saw :)

Something slipped out accidentally, it's not fully baked, but something cool is coming. Now if only you could remember what you saw because it never happened.

It would appear that this functionality is maybe starting again? There is a dotted line that shows on the weather map, but it is not accurate. I just flew from LAX to BNA, but the route we filled and flew is not what is on the map. Just letting you guys know, in case it was supposed to reflect either what was filed or flown...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would appear that this functionality is maybe starting again? There is a dotted line that shows on the weather map, but it is not accurate. I just flew from LAX to BNA, but the route we filled and flew is not what is on the map. Just letting you guys know, in case it was supposed to reflect either what was filed or flown...

The dashed line is your scheduled FROM - TO and solid blue will represent the actual.

The dashed line is your scheduled FROM - TO and solid blue will represent the actual.

Ok. It's not working then. The dashed line is not what was scheduled, and there is no blue line.
59816ac183c5c1661e2aafb725af48ff.jpg

ibrubeer,

Please check under Settings->Notifications->Flight Information->ATC Route Changes is turned on. If you previously used this feature at the beginning of the year it may have been unintentionally set to off.

APDL looks for updated route information at the following intervals prior to scheduled departure time: 24hrs, 12hrs, 90,70,60,50,30,25,20,10,0

Is the device iOS you are using in the flight have internet connectivity ? i.e. iPad with onboard wifi or iPhone with LTE/4g, then the route should be fairly accurate. If you dont have connectivity, iPad last synced at the hotel then route information can become stale.

You can add a Status Board Planned Route Widget. Then at any time you can refresh the planned ATC route by tapping on the "Planned Route" row on the status board widget, a short cut menu will appear and tapping "Reload" will get the latest route.

Here is what we recorded as the Planned Route for #958 -> DOTSS2 CLEEE PKE RSK GCK J28 ICT YACKS RYYMN2

FLightStats Last ATC Route was -> DRK097051 IRW KM33G LOPPY CHSNE2
FlightAware Last ATC Route was -> DOTSS2 CLEEE PKE J74 NABOB SJN KA30Y IRW KM33G LOPPY CHSNE2

Does either of these match your PDC route, or assigned route prior to departure ? It will help us tune the software.

FlightAware Last ATC Route was -> DOTSS2 CLEEE PKE J74 NABOB SJN KA30Y IRW KM33G LOPPY CHSNE2

The CPDLC route clearance was the FlightAware route. I believe that was what we filed also. Never saw anything else.

All of the settings were/are as you stated they should be.

It actually has been working correctly today. I had connectivity yesterday. Not sure what the deal was.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not sure what went on with the multiple posts Dennis and Paul but if it happens again please let me know. Some server upgrades are going on and yesterday there was a little challenging time in the evening which may have been the cause of your connectivity yesterday Dennis, around 8-10 PM Eastern was the main joy of it.

Sorry! Every time I posted, I got an error message and it appeared to not go through. Eventually, I saw that they ALL went through. Tried to delete the extras... Glad it happened to Paul too. Not just me!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back