Aircraft Number Downloading

sydnieellen

Not sure if this is an issue with new iOS or continuing, but around the end of April the N number no longer updated with the times on the log page.

As previously reported (several months ago), tail fill does not populate with the gate info sync. A manual AutoFill Now is required. Once performed, the tail fills with no problem.

Opening the app from cold and after sync - no tail
4c7a462323ce02974f03bdfefc1e061f.jpg

Immediately after auto sync, pressing AutoFill now - tail is populated
d729edac3215b8702c4e7d906643db60.jpg

So I think I figured out what is happening. I download my trip with the aircraft type filling the aircraft line. When the AutoFill does its job, it looks like it won't overwrite existing fields. If I delete the aircraft type, the N number will populate. Is there a way to do both?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 60
So I think I figured out what is happening. I download my trip with the aircraft type filling the aircraft line. When the AutoFill does its job, it looks like it won't overwrite existing fields. If I delete the aircraft type, the N number will populate. Is there a way to do both?
No, it's not going to fill any fields already filled in, even if they were imported that way. It's assuming your tail number is 320. It is behaving correctly in your scenario.

The tails have a/c type tied to them when you create them and when you view them. Search for a tail using the search tool and you'll see what I mean.

I don't see anything wrong in code or an intentional skip, what is happening is:

We check for info when:
  1. Leg is blocked out
  2. We close completed, i.e. 15 min after sched IN

When you command an AutoFill these windows are not in the equation, you can check a leg at any time and it will try to get the info. But the automatic system as outlined above is not hitting the legs for this reason.

Back