• Shop our Memorial Day Sale Event now through Monday May 27th midnight eastern (UTC-4) and take 15% off your order by applying coupon code MD19 at checkout. Visit nc-software.com to shop now. Renew subscriptions at any time as they will auto add based on your current expiration.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Aircraft Number Downloading

sydnieellen

Not sure if this is an issue with new iOS or continuing, but around the end of April the N number no longer updated with the times on the log page.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Are you talking about from AutoFill or from Schedule Importing?

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
It has been reported. If you manually press the AutoFill Now, it will grab the tail.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
There are no known issues with AutoFill at this time. If you do not see something expected then try a manual query on the APDL.net Flight Lookup page and see what it's returning.

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
As previously reported (several months ago), tail fill does not populate with the gate info sync. A manual AutoFill Now is required. Once performed, the tail fills with no problem.

Opening the app from cold and after sync - no tail

Immediately after auto sync, pressing AutoFill now - tail is populated

sydnieellen

So I think I figured out what is happening. I download my trip with the aircraft type filling the aircraft line. When the AutoFill does its job, it looks like it won't overwrite existing fields. If I delete the aircraft type, the N number will populate. Is there a way to do both?

Attachments

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
So I think I figured out what is happening. I download my trip with the aircraft type filling the aircraft line. When the AutoFill does its job, it looks like it won't overwrite existing fields. If I delete the aircraft type, the N number will populate. Is there a way to do both?
No, it's not going to fill any fields already filled in, even if they were imported that way. It's assuming your tail number is 320. It is behaving correctly in your scenario.

The tails have a/c type tied to them when you create them and when you view them. Search for a tail using the search tool and you'll see what I mean.

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
A/c type, yes. If your import includes the correct tail then you can let it be.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
I don't see anything wrong in code or an intentional skip, what is happening is:

We check for info when:
  1. Leg is blocked out
  2. We close completed, i.e. 15 min after sched IN

When you command an AutoFill these windows are not in the equation, you can check a leg at any time and it will try to get the info. But the automatic system as outlined above is not hitting the legs for this reason.

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Thing is though, it used to work automatically without manual user intervention.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
It will work automatically IF you are in the params as outlined.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Gates has its own system, I'll look at adding tails there, you owe me :)

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
New feature in .26 works great, it pulled in right along with the gates. Thank you!