Airport and Aircraft Lists Dumped

Chris Bena

I've got APDL linked to one of my quick launch keys on my HP ipaq. I was in a game and hit the quick launch. APDL didn't like that at all, it seems. It dumped all my airport and aircraft lists back to the default 401FJ and LGA. so... I thought I'd do a SingleSync to get them all back. No joy. I've looked in my airlinelogbook.com folder on my PC and found three separate folders containing my information. Two fo the folders have 8-digit numbers and one is 8-Fs.

Is there any way to restore those lists?

If not, are there any other Skywest pilots out there who would be willing to share their aircraft and airport list files with me?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

My guess is the game you were playing did not release its memory when you switched back to APDL.

Make sure you have enough free memory on your PDA. Tap (Settings) (System) and (Memory). Adjust the memory allocation as necessary. At a minimum you should have at least 10 mb free for running programs.

If you loose a preference file (in this case APDL-AIRCRAFT.xml and APDL-AIRPORTS.xml) you can copy the last backup from the c:\program files\airlinelogbook.com\[8 digit pocket pc id]\apdl\backup folder. Do this before you run APDL SingleSync.

In your case you ran APDL SingleSync and it overwrote your last backup with the default airports and aircraft preferences.

You can check your other c:\program files\airlinelogbook.com\[8 digit pocket pc id]\apdl\backup folders and see if you have a copy of APDL-AIRCRAFT.xml and APDL-AIRPORT.xml files. If so exit the APDL application using (Options) (Exit) from your PDA. Then use the (Explore) button on Window's ActiveSync to copy them to your PDA's My Documents\APDL folder.

Paul Auman said:
In your case you ran APDL SingleSync and it overwrote your last backup with the default airports and aircraft preferences.

I was afraid you were going to say that! Oh well. I do have a copy of those files that's only a couple months old. I'll try copying them to my PDA.

Thanks!

Chris

Back