Analyzer

Robert

Before you ask I want to tell you that I have gone to the help file and looked at what is there.

My problem is that I am trying to quickly go to dates that are 20 years back. To do this by either have to use the mouse with multiple mouse clicks, or acting use the shortcut keys as found in the help file. The shortcut keys do not work. I brought up the analyzer and clicked on the year and then held the control key down and then used the Page Up key - the year did not increase or do anything.

I think it would be nice if the Analyzer kept the previous date that I entered and then I could use the Reset if I wanted to reset the date back to today's date. This would be a much more elegant solution given that I want to examine certain clusters of dates 15 to 20 years ago, than having to continually go back and scroll the date to specific spot.

Do you plan in the future to give users the ability to add or subtract columns from customize logbook report sheets?

Robert

Robert,

Once you click the Year, you then use the up/down arrows that are showing, using your mouse. If you haven't activated this up/down arrow, i.e. click a date in the calendar, the keyboard shortcuts will then work.

So, to quickly change years, click the YEAR value, then use the up/down arrow that will appear.

We will certainly try to accomodate your request in version 2 of Logbook Pro. Because that portion is not yet developed, I can't promise anything at this point, but that will be our plan.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Thanks for the reply.

FYI --- I think that the HELP file needs to be checked. Here's what it says (this is a cut-and-paste).

Shortcut Keys to Rapidly Change Dates:

Page Up / Down - Scrolls the Month

CTRL + Page Up / Down - Scrolls Year

It does not say anything about 'arrow' up/down - note it says 'PAGE'. Now I know why it didn't work for me.

Thanks

Robert,

Read the text in the paragraph above, and I'm citing the help file in the Date Filter section of Logbook Pro 1.9.3:

In many areas of Logbook Pro the data can be filtered by dates to provide user-definable summaries. Reports, Graphs, Analyzer and other areas provide advanced data filtering. The calendars are the identical ones used in any standard Windows application. The value selected is shown above the calendars, next to the titles 'Starting Date' and 'Ending Date.' Dates can be rapidly changed from year to year or month to month by clicking the Month or Year captions at the top center of the calendar. Clicking the word 'January' for example will display a list of months to select. To rapidly change from one year to another, <u>click the year value, i.e. '2001' as shown in Figure 1 above. Doing so will display a up/down arrow for rapid scrolling from one year to another.</u> Select the day of the month by clicking the desired date from the calendar once the month and year have been set. Preset date settings can be set by clicking the 'Dates' button to the left of the Generate button.

Here's the link to the help topic online:

www.logbookpro.com/webhelp/Date_Filter.htm

Regardless, I think you have the date filter mastered by now! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif They are the standard calendards in Windows, so the windows documentation on using these items are the same.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Sorry for the confusion... there has been some confusion and I just noticed it from your last note. I wasn't very clear. Thanks...and thanks for your persistence.

I was not confused about using the arrows [button] when YEAR or MONTH were selected because up/down arrows respectively are displayed.

What I was talking about was the SHORTCUT KEYS that are refered to just below the paragraph that you put inyou r past reply. I tried the short cut keys and they do not work with PAGE UP/DOWN keys. The up/down arrow keys work!! So I thought that might be a misprint or something funky with my computer. What do you think?

Robert

Make sure the arrows aren't showing as you are in a different edit mode, so just click on a day value, such as the 1st of the month. Then use the shortcut keys.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back