APDL on iOS version support

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
I attempted to find this answer elsewhere on the forums so I'm sorry if it has already been answered.

If I purchase an older iPod Touch or iPhone, what will be the minimum iOS version supporting the use of the upcoming APDL for iOS devices?

Thank you for the reply. But are you currently developing on 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 and therefore they "may" be supported?

Hi,
As someone who isn't familiar with the iOS system, I have a question regarding the new APDL for iOS when it becomes available.
Assuming I have, or will get, an ipod will I have to install iTunes to install APDL, use the schedule importer function and to update Logbook Pro from APDL? Or will I be able to do all of these functions through Wi-Fi? Just wondering. Thanks.

Without iTunes, you can mostly manage your device, to include:

Activation
Updates
Backups (Limited to iCloud)
Personal Data/Info Sync
Photos Sync
Purchased iTunes Media

The only functions you will need iTunes for is for copying any videos you've taken and for creating backups for a restore option.

If you really don't iTunes on your system, I would suggest at the very least a VM just for iTunes access.

Neal and AJ,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I fear that my love for and reliance on APDL is going to drag me kicking and screaming into the Apple world, where I'll need all the help I can get at first getting it all set up.
I assume that there will be some sort of import functionality, or some way for it to read the Palm back up files? It would be nice to have all the previous data all on the new device.

We do have an importer, more to follow as we release the product and we will gladly help you. We have a team of APDL smart folks that will be assisting all. If you can afford one, treat yourself to an iPad or iPad mini (retina) as we have an amazing layout specific to the iPads but the iPhone/iPod touch is also awesome.

Back