APDL Settings???

yankee clipper

I need some assistance in determining APDL settings.

Here is some basic information:
- My Payroll is calculated down to the minute, with a leg guarantee (block time or scheduled, whichever is greater)

- My schedule/pairings (as a *.pdf file) lists times in local time with the Zulu hour in parenthesis.
- Airports are listed with 3-letter IDs (IATA)

The following questions have come up:

Q1; How do I properly set the “Time Calculations” in Preferences to accurately reflect payroll? How will these “Time Calculations” settings affect the block-time conversions in LBP PC?

Q2; How do I import my *.pdf schedule and display it in Zulu time?

Q3; Can airports be listed with 4-letter ICAO IDs for international flights?

Q4; If I want to log time in Zulu, should I set everything in Zulu; e.g. domicile, schedules, airports (UTC 0), etc.?

Btw, for the LBP upgrade to v1.10.26 do I do an incremental upgrade OR the full removal of 1.10.25 and then the full install of 1.10.26?

Thanks
Yankee Clipper:confused:

I
Btw, for the LBP upgrade to v1.10.26 do I do an incremental upgrade OR the full removal of 1.10.25 and then the full install of 1.10.26?

Thanks

In order to upgrade LBP do the following:

Backup your logbook
File
Archive
Backup

then

Goto Help
Check web for updates
This should bring you to the latest release. You do not need to unistall the program or perform incremental updates.

I also working on solutions to your other questions about APDL

Q1; How do I properly set the “Time Calculations” in Preferences to accurately reflect payroll? How will these “Time Calculations” settings affect the block-time conversions in LBP PC?

You can set them to what ever you want them to be, they are slightly differnt as to what LBP PC uses to convert minutes to tenths. However, APDL passed the duration direclty to LBP PC and the PC doesn't recalc the times.

Please see http://www.logbookpro.com/logbookpro/newsletters/2007/01/#Guarantees

for further settings

Yankee Clipper. What airline are you working for? Please attach a copy of your schedule.

Here is some generic info that may help you until I have a chance to see yoru schedule.

Timezone Settings​
[FONT=Arial,Arial]
(Domicile's Time Zone) - Enter the time zone for your domicile. Check (adjust for daylight savings) if this city participates in Daylight Savings. Tap (UTC) to select the correct offset.

(Logbook's Time Zone) - Enter the time zone that you want to store all Logbook information in. Check (adjust for daylight savings) if this city participates in Daylight Savings. Tap (UTC) to select the correct offset. WARNING: DO NOT CHANGE THE TIME ZONE ONCE YOU HAVE STARTED ENTERING INFORMATION.

(Import Schedules in) - When using the Schedule Importer from our website, [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]http://www.logbookpro.com/apdl[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial], select (BASE) if the schedule times are in your (Domicile's Time Zone), or (ZULU), or (LOCAL) if each time is relative to the departure/destination airport. Most schedules are in LOCAL time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]
(Daylight Savings is in Effect) - Check this box when you are in Daylight Savings Time. In the USA, this box should be checked between April and October.

(Default) - Will reset Domicile's Time Zone to (UTC), Logbook Time Zone to (UTC), Import Schedules to (Base), and Daylight Savings is in effect to (Unchecked). [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NC Software, Inc. © 2005 [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]www.logbookpro.com [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Page 36
[/FONT]

Newsletter article on APDL and Time Zones

I just read the Mar’07 Newsletter; great info, especially the piece on APDL and Time Zones (June 2005).

Here goes my question: I want to log everything in Zulu time. My domicile is in U.S. CST/CDT.

Referring to this article (from Mar'07 Newsletter):
First, to what do I set the different zones under (OPTIONS)(PREFERENCES)(TIME ZONE SETTINGS).
Second, do I select “Zulu” under (TIMEZONE) to properly complete all the time zone settings?

Thanks for all the help

What data changes during adjustments to the Time Zone

The article in the March Newsletter only warns against changing the Time Zone after entering data.

For my better understanding WHAT ACTUALLY CHANGES if I DO change the Time Zone after entering data?
{The reason I ask, I have only 2 months of data entered, so re-entering all the data to get it perfect, is not too much work.}

Curious
Yankee Clipper:uhh:

The OUT and IN times that are passed to LBP when sync'd are passed in the LBP time zone. If you change it, APDL will pass the OI times in the timezone you just set. If you have changed this setting several times and you need to go back and see if a flight may have been a night flight or worse, need the times for the FAA or ASRS report you may be confused as to when the flight acutally took place. You will find yourself asking was that flight imported in Eastern, Central, Zulu, etc.

(options)(preferences)(time Zones)

I just read the Mar’07 Newsletter; great info, especially the piece on APDL and Time Zones (June 2005).

Here goes my question: I want to log everything in Zulu time. My domicile is in U.S. CST/CDT.

Referring to this article (from Mar'07 Newsletter):
First, to what do I set the different zones under (OPTIONS)(PREFERENCES)(TIME ZONE SETTINGS).
Second, do I select “Zulu” under (TIMEZONE) to properly complete all the time zone settings?

Thanks for all the help

Hello Eric,
I get all my times (Out/Off/On/In) from the on-board FMS/ACARS screen (in Zulu time).
Also, I run my LBP PC in Zulu time (for calculating duration from Out/In times)
My home base/domicile is located in US CST/CDT.

What do I set the time zones to under (OPTIONS)(PREFERENCES)(TIME ZONE SETTINGS)?
What zone do I select under (TIMEZONE) on the logbook page?
What UTC deviation do I give to newly added arpts in the airport list; proper UTC deviation (w/o DST) or "Zero" because everything is in Zulu?

P.S.: Please reference the Mar'07 article of interest on "APDL and Time Zones" (June 205) in your answers.

Still curious
Yankee Clipper:uhh:

Domicile Time Zone
UTC-6 ADJUST FOR DST CHECKED

Logbook Time Zone
UTC -0
ADJUST FOR DST NOT CHECKED

Import Schedules in whatever time format your company publishes them in.

DST is in Effect should be checked

When you add airports tell APDL the correct UTC offset that airport has when DST isn't in effect and then check if the DST box if that airport uses DST.

On your logpage you want everything displayed in ZULU.

Back