APDL6 and the new PALM TX

FOJD

I recently switched from the Palm Tungsten E to a brand new Palm TX.

Everything was working great until I imported my NOV schedule into APDL V6. Shortly after I had a crash that resulted in my TX continually rebooting itself and the only way to stop it from continually resetting was to do a hard reset. It will work fine until I do a recovery sync, and then it goes right back to the continuous resets.

I have been using the datebook option in APDL. I read a previous thread that says the Treo 650 datebook is not compatible with APDL. The version in the new TX is Calendar v. 1.2.5. Do you know if this is the same version that is in the Treo 650, because this may explain the problem.

If this is the case, any word on a potential fix for this?

thanks.

After the reset, On the (Options)(General Preference) page set "Use Datebook" to "No".

The problem is not consistent on all Treo 650's, so we are still looking for the common link.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

After a day of carefully checking out the palm programs, it turns out that there is nothing wrong with APDL, in fact the logbook and it's datebook function work fine. There was another program that I use unrelated to this that was causing the resets..
thanks.

What was the errant program ? I will add it to our list of possible 3rd party problem makers.

Back