Best way to track specific N-number currency

rheise

I want to track currency in a specific airplane defined by the FBO rental rules.

I see only two ways of doing this and would like to know if these are the only or best ways of doing it.

1) Set a unique type for a specific plane and track the currency using that type. I don't like this as I can't get a good type report if the planes I am tracking are really of the same type, for example, all C172SP's.

2) Create a custom yes/no field for each plane I want to track and then check that box if I fly that plane, adding that field to the currency definition. This is what I am doing now, but it is adding a lot of checkboxes to my logbook.

I will continue to do #2 unless anyone knows of a better way of handling it.

Thanks!!

Robert

Having an N-number field for the currency would be ideal, but may not be possible due to the way the database is structured.

Please submit this on help ticket along with a copy of your logbook. You may backup your logbook by choosing FILE BACKUP....

I am guessing you need to track C172SP G1000 time or something along those lines, right?

Hi Eric,

One of the planes I am tracking is a G1000, but hadn't thought about the glass time per se, although that is something I need to do as well.

I rent planes from two FBO's and they are all of the same type. One FBO has three planes that require a 90 day currency and the other FBO has the G1000 that has a 30 day currency. I will also be flying a DA40 from them, but I can track that by type.

I originally created two types, a C172LA and C172SP, but when I went to aggregate all my time in the C172SP, I had to rename all the LA entries.

So then I went to the custom yes/no field.

As far as the glass cockpit is concerned, maybe that needs to be defined on the airplane tab so it can be included in some type reports? That maybe something for v2.

I will enter a help ticket with a copy of the logbook. Thanks for any ideas you have on how to best manage that.

Regards,

Robert

Same requirement to track N-numbers

I have the same requirement to track currency by N-number. For example, I need to differentiate between C-172S and C-172XP, but I'd like to aggregate the C-172 time all together. I tried to add an "Aircraft Constraint" in the curreny item editor that allows me to select specific N-numbers. Unfortunately the application doesn't track actual aircraft by n-numbers, just by aircraft type.

Ideally it would be nice to track airplanes by N-number with a column for aircraft type, rather than track aircraft types themselves.

I guess I'll try the YES/NO fields on each flight record as rheise recommended. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Back