Feedback Build 7.9.28 - Performance issues

Copy, yes the iPad 2 was old when I received it almost 3 years ago. I have been using APDL since Day 1 of public release, on this tablet, and my personal 2nd gen mini, as well as the initial public Beta, and all incremental updates, so I am familiar with normal performance. Something changed in the recent weeks. It is not behaving normal, that's all I know.

I guess I will have to utilize my Mini outside PED times until I receive my replacement.

Thx Neal

Neal,
With the above reference to older units does that mean I won't be able to use this iPod Touch much longer? Will you be discontinuing support for it? It's only a year and a half old. I only use it for APDL and was not expecting that I would have to buy a new one so soon.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

No, it's a bug. Do not worry, they just don't put powerful processors in iPod Touches but I believe yours will update to iOS 10 which probably around March of next year we'll drop iOS 9 support but we'll see when that time comes. I think our pattern going forward will be only support the latest iOS version 6 months after the new version comes out but that's just thinking out loud. It depends on a lot of factors.

I know you're tired of hearing it but I still can't wait for Android version. It's years ahead of iOS and performance specs.

Edit: It is ON

This is the first troubleshooting option I attempt. I "closed" or removed from suspend all apps and tried reloading. Then closed again, and rebooted, no luck. Then closed and did a soft reset of iPad. Still no luck.

After the reinstall again in CLT, APDL ran smooth. After I got to the hotel in IAH, the APDL again is hanging and taking a very significant time to respond or sync. So I am again were I started.

The good news is company is reissuing new iPADs soon, so I can say adios to this iPad 2 soon!

What exactly is your situation with your company iPad? IIRC you're at PSA like me where the company iPads are iPad Air 2. I'm not aware of any reissuance of new iPads soon. Did you somehow get an old one from training and they not give you a new one when the rest of the pilot group got iPad Air 2s or something?

I believe the issue is the internal error log file is growing and it takes time to write to it when it gets too big. This is why the delete the app and reinstall fixed for the original case. Don't do anything as the next build I'm finalizing testing will automatically truncate the log and also implement a new writing system. After installing the new build let me know if this issue resolved itself.

I'll be looking for notification that the new version is available.

Alright!
Just installed it. After sllowing the cross check to complete (almost a full minute) I checked a few things that I knew were running slowly, such as editing and saving a leg, scrolling through the schedule by day and the search. That was a big one. Used to take 15-20 seconds after tapping search to get the entry box and keyboard. This time it took 3. Also, I ran the What If function 3 times and worked properly.
Is the increase in performance going to drop after using it for a while or has that been prevented?
Thanks.

This may be an Ipad issue(Ipad 3) but since I've added the APDL Beta it seems to crash a lot. It mainly happens when typing in the Block in time or when I add a crew member to the flight segment. I thought the last update might have helped but it did it again during my flight today. I have the non-beta version on my company issued new Ipad (2 months old) and it does the same thing.

This may be an Ipad issue(Ipad 3) but since I've added the APDL Beta it seems to crash a lot. It mainly happens when typing in the Block in time or when I add a crew member to the flight segment. I thought the last update might have helped but it did it again during my flight today. I have the non-beta version on my company issued new Ipad (2 months old) and it does the same thing.

Hello,

Please review this thread

No, I don't work for PSA. I work for a crazy little 121S. Most of our company has moved from PHX to GSO in recent years, so we do quite a bit of Revenue DH'ing on PSA to GSO through CLT though!

I missed quite a bit of activity on this thread over the past several weeks, were notifications affected for some reason? I don't recall being notified.

I have personally seen what appears to be improved performance in the last 2 builds, I believe .40 and .41( or was that .40.1). But I for sanity am generally utilizing my personal ipad throughout the day, and syncing both after the FDP is over at the hotels. Still not the performance it was before .28 but it syncs... Still waiting on the new ipad to be issued in phase 2 of deployment.

Neal et al,

Great news! This latest Beta 7.9.46 is working great performance wise on my iPad 2. Beta versions were even beginning to bogg down my iPad Mini Retina.

Both devices now are running great, I can't thank you guys enough to have APDL running the way it use to again. I am really liking the build performance and aesthetics with the new font on both IOS 10 and iOS 9.

Of course the known issues, such as radar overlay are still not working in iOS10, but that is minor compared to what I was dealing with.

Back