Credit on Multi-Day trips

acsmitty

Hi, I would like to know how to have APDL calculate credit correctly on multi-day trips. Here's the problem:

On trips where I stay in a hotel at the destination and don't fly again until one or more days later APDL assigns my min credit for this day. According to our contract we are only given a min credit on days that we fly....is it possible to fix this?

Also I am not sure how to enterother items on multi-day tripscorrectly into APDL. For example on days that I am in the hotel and don't fly how should I enter this? Which payrolland postion categoriesbest fits etc....

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

From the 'Rigs and Guarantees' preference page check 'Duty Rig' and enter your min credit.

If you had set a min credit under the 'Block' payroll category then uncheck it.

Then on a layover with no duty, enter in leg one the overnight city in both the departure and destination fields. This will keep your TAFB calculating correctly.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I now have the TAFB calculation working correctly however my monthly credit on the "Summary" page is including my min daily credit of TAFB/4=6+00. On the "Monthly" view theTAFB is also now showing correct (24 hrs on days in hotel)however when I select credit I also see the6+00 on the days in the hotel. I'm sure this is a setting I have selected incorrectly, just not sure which one...here's what I have selected in options:
Payroll Cat: Block
-Apply to flight time
-Apply to 30/7
-Apply to Pay

Rigs and Guarantees:
-Leg Guarantee (We are paid greater of blocked flt time or actual)
-Trip Guarantee (We are paid greater of blocked credit or actual)
-Duty Rig? (Selected 1:2-We are paid greater of flt time, duty/2, min 4+25 on days with duty)
-TAFB Rig? (Selected 1:4-We are paid greater of min daily credit, duty/2, block credit, Actual flt time or TAFB/4

APDL is adding the 6+00 credit to each trip when it should only be included if the total TAFB credit (ie TAFB/4) is greater than the other creditswhich is normally flight time as I do long flights normally.

Hope this makes some sense,

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

The TAFB rig is used anytime their is a duty period entered on a logpage.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

On the days in question I am showing TAFB in terms of hours of 24+00 while in the hotel. I show no duty on these day (0+00).The onlyLogpagefields that Ifilled in areTrip, Departure and Destination airports...no duty. Therefore I'm still not sure why these days are being credited at 6+00

Mike

Mike,

Because you have entered an RON city pair on the logpage. The software will calculate a 24+00 TAFB credit. The 'TAFB' rig uses this value to compute the credit.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Thanks again for the info...In your last post you use the term 'RON' city pair...not sure what that is I'm afraid...
So to re-cap if I understand APDL's method of calculating this credit:
-if I have the TAFB rig selelected APDL will calculate credit based on the TAFB calculation even if my trip contains other credits, on other days that exceed in my case 1:4 total trip credit. If this is true are there any plans to create a way of having the software only calculate the credit if the other credits are less than 1:4 total TAFB. In my case the TAFB credit is used very rarely as most of the trips are more productive in terms of flying credit, thus not using the TAFB credit on days not flying.

I have also tried to de-select this credit option by de-selecting the TAFB rig and I still see the 24 hr credit and the resulting 6 hr credit...How can I prevent APDL from calculating this credit?

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike

Mike,

RON = 'Remain Over Night ' - layover city.

APDL only computes credits based on the logpage. The software does not have the ability to compute rig credits over multiply logpages.

You can turn of the 'TAFB Rig' on the 'Rig/Guarantees' preference page.

You can not turn of the TAFB calculation.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Back