Feedback Crew Rest Area always reverts to class 3

thawednook

When entering data for an augmented flight with a Class 2 rest area, I can change from the default Class 3 to Class 2 on the legality screen. It allows me to recompute with assumptions and everything appears to compute correctly. When I change off that page, the computations all change back to Class 3 with all associated (now erroneous) warnings related to approaching or exceeding limits. There does not seem to be any way for the selected class of rest area (other than 3) to be retained for a particular flight/leg once leaving the legality screen. I was also not able to find a location to set the default class of rest area so as not to have to change each leg. In my case, all augmented flights have a Class 2 area (unless there is a MEL in place in which case we default to class 3.) It would be very helpful to have this setting much easier to see with a default setting location in the settings menu. One possibility is to place it in the aircraft settings menu since the Class of rest area may vary by aircraft type, and this could be set while setting up the aircraft.

Here is a video on the new Default Rest Facility in APDL 9.1

Back