Custom Templates

L10Taz

I would like to print all the columns as I have setup in my Jeppesen style spreadsheet, and would like to use a Jeppesen style format (i.e. defined columns and borders, not report style). Would using the Custom Template, and renaming the column headers then automatically pull all the corresponding data from the logbook pro spreadsheet in the similarly named columns? Or is there an easier way by simply printing the already customized spreadsheet in its current appearance without losing the nice logbook look and ending up with a report look?

Regards,
Taz

Hello Taz,

You can print directly from the Spreadsheet Style log area as well as use the older "Standard" reports which get the layout from the Spreadsheet Style area. The newer Split-Reports (and custom templates) have a better layout mechanism but you'll need to configure the custom template to column headings you want and the respective data fields each custom column will extract. Please refer to the "Reports" topics in the documentation by clicking Help...Contents within Logbook Pro or online at http://help.logbookpro.com/.

Thank you Neal,

Your quick response to issues has always amazed me considering the many other individuals seeking answers on the various forums as well. My hat is off to you and Logbook Pro, what an amazing software. I will try your suggestions regarding printing the spreasheet in it current look and will report back soon.

Regards,
Taz

NC Software said:
Hello Taz,

You can print directly from the Spreadsheet Style log area as well as use the older "Standard" reports which get the layout from the Spreadsheet Style area. The newer Split-Reports (and custom templates) have a better layout mechanism but you'll need to configure the custom template to column headings you want and the respective data fields each custom column will extract. Please refer to the "Reports" topics in the documentation by clicking Help...Contents within Logbook Pro or online at http://help.logbookpro.com/.

I made a custom template for Turbine time. Now I need this to extract turbine time from a custom field I already have in my spreadsheet style logbook. I've managed to create the template but now I can't figure out how to get the data in there.

Woops!

I figured it out.

I had not saved the changes.

So it wasn't pulling the data in.

Silly me.

Last edited:
I made a custom template for Turbine time. Now I need this to extract turbine time from a custom field I already have in my spreadsheet style logbook. I've managed to create the template but now I can't figure out how to get the data in there. Please help.

In the report custom template designer, select the column for your turbine time (click it) then on the left side you'll see the Date Field selection. Click in this field then select the custom field from the drop down selector. Save the report then run it.

Back