Deadhead

rsilva74

I use LP with ADPL. is there a way I can have it place multiple aircraft idents in the aircraft box? Also if my first leg is a deadhead it will put unknown in the ident box is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

I am not sure what you are asking.

If you you have APDL setup correctly it will not transfer DH flights to Logbook Pro. You should be using the Deadhead Payroll Category for all DH flights.

As you use Logbook Pro it will gradually learn the aircraft numbers for each type of aircraft. You can manage the Aicraft List in APDL by going to OPTIONS Aircraft List.

If you need further assistance please submit a help ticket.

The DH flights aren't transferring which is ok, but when I sync APDL with LP the aircraft #'s for that day don't show and it only says UNKNOWN. It's like that for any day that starts with a non flying leg (DH, Cancelled flight)

Please submit a support ticket and include the following:
  1. APDL Data from your PDA (see directions below)
  2. Latest Backup from Logobok Pro (File Archive Backup)
  3. The version number of Logbook Pro and APDL
For Palm Users
Please zip all the files in the following directory on your computer (C:\Program Files\palmOne\[your palm username]\Backup) and attach them to your next response. If you don't already have winzip it can be downloaded from http://www.winzip.com for free.

For Pocket PC Users
Please zip all the files in the following directory on your PocketPC (/My Documents/APDL) and attach them to your next response. If you don't already have winzip it can be downloaded from http://www.winzip.com for free.

I use LP with ADPL. is there a way I can have it place multiple aircraft idents in the aircraft box? Also if my first leg is a deadhead it will put unknown in the ident box is there a way to avoid this?

I know what you're asking. When you sync. from APDL you're using a summary, like one line per day, and if your first leg is a deadhead and you don't put an 'N' number in that field you get the "UNKNOWN".

I think that's mostly a feature request for APDL - I don't think LogbookPro has a clue what's going on, it's just inserting what APDL dumped in the upload directory.

I don't think you can get multiple 'N' numbers in the field, the "hack" to fix your problem (since you probably don't care what the 'N' number is of the plane you deadhead on) is to just add the 'N' number of the plane you first fly into the first leg of the day (the deadhead) and it will then copy that 'N' number up to LogbookPro.

Multiple 'N' numbers would be nice though.

Back