Difference between logbook file and backup file

fairgame74

Neal,</o:p>
You mentioned in the newsletter to keep off site storage of the backup data file. I'mcurious what is the difference between recovering data from the full logbook file vs. just a backup file. Mine are 4 meg vs. 0.5 meg in size so there is a difference in up-loading them to my data storage folder(briefcase)provided by ISP. </o:p>
Thanks

PS: I do not need anything to recover at this time, just a curiosity.

The BAK file that is created is a ZIP compatible compressed data file (LBK). The Logbook Pro data files compress at a high percentage resulting in a small file size that can typically fit on a floppy. I have seen very large Logbook databases and have yet to see one not fit on a floppy.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Backup file will not open

I recently had a hard drive damaged, and had to have it replaced with a new one. I had however, backed up my data in an external drive. My attempts to recover this data has been difficult. I selected restore backed up data, and then the system says, my data is recovered, but then when I try to open my logbook, it cannot find the file.

Please advice.

I recently had a hard drive damaged, and had to have it replaced with a new one. I had however, backed up my data in an external drive. My attempts to recover this data has been difficult. I selected restore backed up data, and then the system says, my data is recovered, but then when I try to open my logbook, it cannot find the file.
Please advice.

Just to be clear you are restoring the .bak using LBP correct? If yes, please make sure you are doing the following

From the File...Archive menu, restoring is accomplished by following the steps of locating the archive (.bak) to restore and selecting the location to restore to. If a data file exists that matches that of the one being restored, Logbook Pro will prompt to overwrite the data file. Please make note of where the file is restored. Then choose FILE OPEN and select your .lbk file.

If you need futher assistance please submit a support ticket and attach your .lbk or .bak file to the request.

Back