download, uninstall 1.8, reinstall 1.8

htidball

What is the best way to uninstall 1.8? In my start menu, under programs, logbook pro there is no uninstall. Also, when I go to control panel, remove programs, there are two logbook pro's listed. I don't want to uninstall the wrong one. One contains more memory and that is the only way I can tell the difference between the two. I don't want to uninstall the wrong one.

I am assuming you are inquiring on the Pocket PC Companion since this the PDA forum:

Please refer to:
ecommunity.nc-software.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377

As for on the PDA, you should remove all traces of Logbook Pro, so if you see two, uninstall both, you have to get the new one on.

Actually, in thinking, you don't need to uninstall the Pocket PC Companion for the latest fixes, all you need to do is remove the database and replace it.

To do so, go to the Pocket Access option in ActiveSync, click the Settings (right-click Pocket Access choose Settings...) and remove the database. Then go to your Pocket PC File Explorer and navigate to the Logbook Pro folder under Program Files in My Device. You'll see a file around 250'ish KB named 'Logbook', delete this one.

Now go to ActiveSync and reaccomplish the Tools...Import Database as per the instructions (after the new 1.8 is installed on your PC and run to update your database to the new structure) and reaccomplish the database import to the PDA.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back