Errors while sync

tolip_ck1

Can anyone help with these errors during sync?

Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Database error:
Error 8026: Error during record navigation in table 'PDAAircraft' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACertificates database
- PDACustom database
Database error:
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDACustom' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDADupTimes database
- PDAEventExpiration database
- PDAHistory database
- PDALogbook database
- PDARatings database
- PDAUserData database
- tblPalmCurrency database
- tblPalmLookback database
- tblPalmStats database
Database error: Numeric value out of range on column number 33 (ACFTClassification_Limited_Pcnt)
Error 8055: Failed to read field 32 of table 'tblPalmStats'.
- tblPalmSummaryBar database
Errors encountered while synchronizing NCSoftware
Conduit 'NCSoftware' Error: Unknown error. (FFFF)

Thanx for any assistance

Hello,

The version of Logbook Pro you have listed in your profile here is 1.6.226 and you require 1.7.41 to use the Palm Companion. Please get the free update.

Assuming you did, the next step is to remove the AppForce Universal Conduit from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. Next, go to the Windows Control Panel and double-click the ODBC icon and remove the USER DSN named 'NCSoftware.' Start Logbook Pro and go through the steps, as clearly outlined in the help file (Help...Contents) under the PDA Companions\Palm Companion for installation and see if it resolves this issue.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hello,

OK I have done everything suggested in your post,
removed AppForce Universal Conduit, and removed the USER DSN named 'NCSoftware

I have also tried something else, let me explain,

1) I reinstalled logbook pro on my pc 1.7.41 (which is what I had)
2) I not only erased it from my PDA, but I HARD erased the whole thing and updated it with what I figure is the most up to date software available for my PDA.
3) Then I followed all of the directions for installing the PDA software, and attempted a HOT SYNC twice and entered my registration code.

The program appears to work fine on the PDA, However, it will not completelly SYNC and I get the following errors (Later in the post)

Maybe it is the fact that I have an older PDA, I thought it was good enough to run it so I will give you it's stats to tell me if it should work. I hope it is good enought because I bought the license.

It is a

1) Hand spring visor deluxe
2) 8 Meg of memory
3) It is running the Palm OS software 3.1H3
4) I'm not sure about the next thing
When I go into my options section on the PDA under 'About Applications' it says Application v.3.0.1H
5) Using Palm desktop 3.0.1
6) Pocket mirror 3.1.2
7) Chapura settings 1.0.7

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more information from me to help fix my probelm just let me know.
HotSync operation started 08/06/02 09:01:16 PM
Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Database error:
Error 8026: Error during record navigation in table 'PDAAircraft' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACustom database
Database error:
- PDADupTimes database
- PDAHistory database
- PDALogbook database
Database error: Numeric value out of range
Error 8040: Unable to add one or more records from the handheld into host table 'PDALogbook'.
- PDARatings database
- PDAUserData database
- tblPalmStats database
Database error: Numeric value out of range on column number 33 (ACFTClassification_Limited_Pcnt)
Expense - sync configured to Do Nothing
Outlook Calendar - sync configured to Do Nothing
Outlook Contacts - sync configured to Do Nothing
Outlook Tasks - sync configured to Do Nothing
Outlook Notes - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK System

Thanx again

CK

CK,

I think the limfac here is your Palm Desktop. But not to worry, that's a free update. You can get the Palm Desktop 4 software which includes the latest hotsync manager (which I think is the problem here) from www.palm.com but I'd recommend going to the handspring site and see if anything newer/different is available there. Again, the Palm Desktop is free and I think this is the problem, which is a simple fix!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neil,

I really appreciate you helping me out,

I am in the middle of trying out what you said.

Just to clarify (excuse my ignorance)

The software that you are suggesting that I download, is that just something that runs on the desktop? Or is something that also runs in the PDA?

Thanx again for all your help.

Ck

P.S. I would love to buy a new PDA or pocket PC any suggestions?

The Palm Desktop is on the PC side and it's really the HotSync manager that is what I want to get updated on your system.

I can't recommend what to buy, but I can tell you I have the Palm 515 (Palm) and the Compaq iPaq (Pocket PC) and am very pleased with both and they run the Logbook Pro Companions very fast.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Niel,

No GO!

OK I have the new software from palm Version 4.1 for the desktop.

Then I repeted te steps in the previous post, as far as reinstaling and deleting the necessary files in order to insure that I was starting clean.

Included in that was the reinstalling of the logbook pro on my PDA.

Something I noticed if I just install the program on the PDA during the FIRST Hot SYNC I do not get any errors.

After I installed it the first time then I am a little hazy on what I am supposed to do. If I try to run the program on the PDA I get a warning that there is no data and that I need to SYNC again (2nd time) in order to use it. But the problem with that is I have not put my registration code in so I would expect that no data would be able to get on until I did that. So I hot SYNC it again and the I start getting the errors about the database. I then turn on the PDA program and it askes me to register, so I do. Then for the third time I Hot SYNC I still get the errors and only a small amout of information is transfered to the PDA.

Example
only 2 A/C types
the log book will let me input information for the two types of a/c in the pda, however, it will not transfer that information to the PC

It shows my lookback and summry times but it says I need to SYNC for the Log Stats.

Here is the error again from the latest SYNC. All of the other Condituits work ie outlook and Palm. And for the record I did try this with non of those installed.

HotSync operation started 08/08/02 10:18:38
OK Mail
OK Expense
Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Database error:
- PDACustom database
Database error:
- PDADupTimes database
- PDAHistory database
- PDALogbook database
- PDARatings database
- PDAUserData database
- tblPalmStats database
OK Outlook Calendar
OK Outlook Contacts
OK Outlook Tasks
OK Outlook Notes
OK System
HotSync operation complete 08/08/02 10:18:58 AM

I hope you haven't run out of ideas yet, I really like Logbook Pro and I have logged over 3300 hours on the program I know it works!!!

CK

E-mail a backup of your data file to support@nc-software.com and let me take a look at it! File...Archive..Backup.

Yes, make sure your Palm Companion registration is in both the PC and Palm side.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Sent to you,

Hope you get it and can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance

CK

If anyone happens to read this post, I just wanted to say that Neil worked with me and worked with me. I finally discovered that I had an OLD 97 driver specifically it was an OLD version of the microsoft *.MDB DLL once I upgraded to office 2000 or greater it fixed the problem. This does not necessarily mean that you need Office 2000 or greater; the computer I own was released with a particular version of office 97.

Anyway I appreciated all the help I received from Niel.

Ck1

Thanks CK1 for the kind words!

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, this should be easily resolved by installing Microsoft JET Drivers from the link below.

Microsoft JET 4 Drivers

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back