Feature req: Leg entry automation

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Gee-wiz requests:

1. After entering an airport in the Leg section it will automatically enter a - or / or . or whatever the user sets in the settings. The settings box would allow for a maximum of 3 characters, e.g. they could enter a (space)-(space) or just a -

Upon entry, after entering a 3-letter airport code it will auto-populate that symbol.

2. Each time it enters that symbol it will then count and enter that number of legs in the Number of Legs box.

1. If you enter something and double tap space like you would to enter a period in other areas of iOS, the "-" is entered in lbp.

2. That's not a bad idea

1. If you enter something and double tap space like you would to enter a period in other areas of iOS, the "-" is entered in lbp.
This should also be a function in the tail number box... Enter a tail, tap space twice to enter a -

I am assuming you mean if you enter more than one leg as a single entry and there is an aircraft change somewhere during the day.

That would introduce a difficult situation for import to LBP.
The analyzer keeps track of flights on each tail number so if you entered multiple tails on a single entry it would then not be able to separate the two (or more) and would instead think it's a new tail called "N123-N456".

I think this request would require a large change in how tail numbers are handled in LBP desktop. I'm not sure of all the plans Neal may have for the next version on desktop but I suspect this isn't possible or easily feasible in the current version.

You are correct. That's how I've been logging the past 8 years. I could personally care less about tail numbers in the analyzer because I don't have a need to filter out a tail, just a/c type.

Back