FedEx - Importing Schedules

crustemeyer

When I put my pairings into the airline schedule importer, and sync it with my phone, it shows up in the flight log on my phone as the aircraft number being 27 for all legs. Is there a way to avoid this? I guess it's not that big of a deal because I have to go in and type in the registration anyways after I fly the leg, but I am curious if there is a way to avoid it.

I tried to post a pairing that I imported, but it didn't show up right in the posting.

I use the automatic selection in the schedule importer and do not select FedEx when I process my trips.

There is a column on my pairing that is titled "EQ" for equipment and in the column on the pairing for all of the legs is 27, hence where the 27 is coming from, I think.

That was quick...Thanks.

Is there a way to modify the program so if it picks up the equipment, it puts it in the aircraft type area of the log instead of the aircraft registration area of the log?

Thanks.

Chris,

I'll need to check into it but I think we correlate equipment not to TYPE but IDENT. I'm going to have to check into this. Can you please fill out a support ticket to the schedule importer department and send me your trip data to test against? I'll get this fixed in the next schedule importer update.

FYI - you're posting in the APDL forum so I assumed you were using APDL which doesn't have a TYPE field. I'll move this post to the schedule importer forum where it's probably a better fit.

Submitted the support ticket. I was looking at the Forums, and was like, I don't know where he's gonna put it...LOL... Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for quick responses!

Chris,

I just published an update to the schedule importer (version 8.4.7) which corrects this issue. No longer will your "Equipment" end up in the N-Number field. Now it should end up in the A/C Type field but it's not and I'm not pursuing why just yet, I'm sure you'd rather your recent A/C Type be used instead of "27" at this point.

Check it out and see if it works better for you now.

Thanks for the report.

Chris,

The fix was not "the fix" as some trip data has the aircraft as the tail number (n-number, etc.) so the code was correct in how it's handling the information. The problem is in your trip data it has "equipment" which we simply want to ignore. It would be nice if it was the "A/C Type" but in our implementation for the schedule importer we're really just dealing with tail numbers so we need to adjust our filter to simply skip "EQ" in your trip data. Josh and I are discussing this and how best to go about it, how to possibly implement this better in a future revision, etc. We have to see some trip data that use actual A/C Types in the trip data for "equipment" vs. a numeric code such as your trip data has which is meaningless to us and your logbook.

We're working on it, but for now you'll see the Ident field populate with 27 which you'll need to update with your actual N-Number when the leg is flown.

FYI and thanks again - we're working on it...

There are other ways of viewing my pairings than the one I submitted with the ticket. However, the one I submitted is the only one the schedule importer reads, the other version it says unable to process tip data.

Here is a copy of a different way I can view my pairing, but as stated above the schedule importer will not process this version. (Please note that this paring has been already flown, so the times are actual, I do not know if that makes a difference or not. Also, the AC# column only shows an aircraft a certain amount of days prior to the trip, so in some cases, that column would be blank, but I wouldn't think that would affect the importing process. (But I am far from a programmer, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, LOL)
Deviating Flight AC# Org-Dst Date Dprt Arrv Blok Turn Duty CFSRRJJTTT Fare Layover —————— ——— ——————— ——————— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— —————————— ———— ————————— 1477465 MEM-MSN 01Mar12 1037 1214 137 320 MSN 1641 1637465 MSN-IND 02Mar12 0449 0552 103 343 1737265 IND-CID 02Mar12 0935 1053 118 41 1737265 CID-DSM 02Mar12 1134 1210 36 845 DSM 1458 2300203 DSM-CID 03Mar12 0300 0335 35 41 2300203 CID-MEM 03Mar12 0416 0548 132 410 Is it possible to get the importer to use this format to import the trips?

Thanks! Chris

There are other ways of viewing my pairings than the one I submitted with the ticket. However, the one I submitted is the only one the schedule importer reads, the other version it says unable to process tip data.

Here is a copy of a different way I can view my pairing, but as stated above the schedule importer will not process this version. (Please note that this paring has been already flown, so the times are actual, I do not know if that makes a difference or not. Also, the AC# column only shows an aircraft a certain amount of days prior to the trip, so in some cases, that column would be blank, but I wouldn't think that would affect the importing process. (But I am far from a programmer, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, LOL)

The "......" Before deviating are not on the pairing I print or when I would import it, but using them was the only way to get Deviating to stay above "CFSRRJJTTT"

.......................................................................Deviating
Flight AC# Org-Dst Date Dprt Arrv Blok Turn Duty CFSRRJJTTT Fare Layover

465 MEM-MSN 01Mar12 1037 1214 137 320 MSN 1641
1637 465 MSN-IND 02Mar12 0449 0552 103 343
265 IND-CID 02Mar12 0935 1053 118 41
1737 265 CID-DSM 02Mar12 1134 1210 36 845 DSM 1458
203 DSM-CID 03Mar12 0300 0335 35 41
203 CID-MEM 03Mar12 0416 0548 132 410
Is it possible to get the importer to use this format to import the trips?

Thanks! Chris

Last edited:
Chris,

I don't see any reason we can't support this format. If you don't mind can you submit a ticket so I can assign it to a developer and have the complete trip data in the ticket to reference?

Thank you.

Back