File transfers

rp777

a week ago, my notebook computer was damaged beyond repair while traveling (working). After purchasing a new computer, and loading the LogbookPro program, I also realized that the back up disk is also damaged, and won't read. My friend was able to load all of the information from the old notebook into an external harddrive. When I view the external harddrive, I can see the .lbk file that is holding all of my information. The question is how do I transfer that file into the new computer?

Hello,

You'll want to COPY the .LBK file to your new computer to a location such as C:\My Logbook. Then download and install Logbook Pro to your new computer. Launch Logbook Pro, activate with your issued name/registration code information, it will then ask you to create a new data file, open or restore an existing data file. Choose the OPEN option and select your .LBK file.

It woeked, But.....

Hi Neal,
It worked, but now I have some thick gray gaps in between the fields (like between Date and Legs). How do I get rid of these?

It Worked, But...

Okay, but if I reset to the "original" setting, and set up the columns the way I have them, will I loose any information? For instance, instead of a 'single engine land' column, I made a ASEL column that I put everything under.

Resetting the layout will not affect your data. However, in Logbook Pro, you should not be logging category and class such as ASEL, AMEL, etc. Logbook Pro doesn't need those columns which is why they are not their by default. Logbook Pro will take your A/C Type and Duration from a flight log entry, lookup the aircraft configuration in the Options...Aircraft area and automatically determine your ASEL time, etc. Please see the following newsletter article "are you over-logging" for more information.

Almost done

Okay Neal, I have the logbook set up again. Thank you. Now I am getting a 'Error:503 Description: Cannot open zip file' when I try to back it up to a CD. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Backing up to CD media is not supported as described in the documentation. I suggest backing up to your local hard drive and then external to Logbook Pro, copy the .BAK file to any media you wish.

Back