Back up and sync

rmcgrath

Hey guys, just a quick question. I want to make sure I understand the back up and sync function. When the backup and sync is done do I understand correctly that a copy of all my APDL data is stored somewhere on your servers that I could back up from if my iPod or iPad is damaged or stolen? Also, if so I assume it would be this data that the new version of LBP would sync from when that feature becomes available? Just wanted to make sure there wasn't somethung else I had to do to back up my data. Thanks.

Rob

APDL sync is a complete data backup secured in the cloud. You can delete your app, replace your device, etc. etc. and when you install the app again it will do a complete copy back. No action is required on your part. No one should EVER turn off Sync but we did put that capability in the Settings.

Thanks Neal. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. It's a nice feature and I don't know why anyone would think of turning it off.

More Backup Info

APDL sync is a complete data backup secured in the cloud. You can delete your app, replace your device, etc. etc. and when you install the app again it will do a complete copy back. No action is required on your part. No one should EVER turn off Sync but we did put that capability in the Settings.

I was wondering if there is a way to backup in addition to your cloud based storage. I have occasionally had cloud based storage failures, and having a separate manual backup can allow me to rebuild the database fairly quickly. Is there an option for that with APDL?

Just one more question, is the cloud service APDL is using my my icloud account, or are you using separate APDL servers independent of apple's?

Hello Chris,

The NC Software storage servers are backed up to multiple systems multiple times a day. In addition your iTunes (via cable or iCloud) backup of your device also serves as backup protection.

We do NOT use Apple's iCloud other than for one very small element to aid with sign in to your NC Software account such as when setting up your secondary devices. All data is synced with NC Software's own systems where we maintain full control and monitoring and do not depend on any 3rd party providers such as Apple. We have not been impressed with Apple's iCloud system (formerly MobileMe, etc.) and would not trust our user's data in the Apple iCloud system.

Thank you Neal, also not a big fan of the Apple iCloud system. Nice to hear you are using something much more robust for the backup.

Is it included

The features you describe with APDL sync, are they included in my basic subscription or would I be required to subscribe to a separate service that you offer (such as Cloud sync). Final question: Do we have capability to sync data with the Logbook Pro desktop version?

Back