flight log on new download

ACE

I just downloaded the complete version 1.7.50. I was running 1.5.1. When I installed the new version, the flight log is not working. The data is there, but in a light grey colored text, there are no column headings or dividing lines, and it won't let me make entries. What to do?

This sounds like a database driver issue. Try downloading and installing Microsoft JET from the link below:

www.microsoft.com/data/download_Jet4SP3.htm

If that doesn't work, uninstall Logbook Pro, reboot, delete the file DAO350.DLL from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO folder.

Reinstall and see if that works.

It also helps if your computer is up to date with the latest, for example the latest version of Internet Explorer installed PRIOR to installing Logbook Pro.

For best results, the latest OS also makes a difference. I highly recommend Windows XP.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

None of the above worked. Can I download an older version? I don't need the palm pilot capability. Thanks

No, older versions are not maintained, however, I think I may have overlooked the obvious as to what's happening. I think your layout is corrupt, which we can correct.

Open the Spreadsheet Style logbook.

Click the far left icon on the sub-toolbar (white card), then click the RESET option. This will reset the layout. Close and Open Logbook Pro and see if it works.

Are other areas, such as Certificates, Ratings, History, Windows Style log working? If so, the above should fix your issue.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back