Hours and minutes

heligryf

For years now I have been waiting for Logbook Pro to come up with the option to enter and display times in Hour and minute format instead of the tenths of an hour.
This is a requirement in many countries not the least all of Europs EASA members.
When are you planning to introduce this feature?
It would finaly allow me to print my logbook for presentation instead of having to run a handwritten copy parallel to the digital one.

Markus Schiess

Last edited:
I've been waiting 5 years for this during which it seems to always be promised "just around the corner."
All of my flight time is in minutes (not hours.tenths), I don't want to lose the resolution of minutes, and all my future time is available from my employer in minutes. I've given up on LBP and am moving on to other products for my needs.

I would like to remind the team of that Hours and Minute idea.
Especially for Licensing according to EASA, it is necessary to proof that certain times have actually been flown on the minute, which an "Hours and tenths" resolution does not provide. Sometimes you are short of a couple of Minutes in the H&T System, in the H&M System you have the times already.
Otherwise i still have to take out my hard copy logbook to check for the exact minutes, which is not the idea of an electronic logbook.

Thanks for your efforts!

I would like to remind the team of that Hours and Minute idea.

I second that idea. Most Commercial Operators track flight time in HH:MM. Some fidelity is lost in the conversion from HH:MM to Hours.Tenths. Perhaps that is good enough for some, but not for me or many other customers.

I know this would not be easy. It would be a daunting task to convert everybody's data from Hours.Tenths to Minutes, but it would be a much more robust platform to serve all customers. Displayed or input data in Hours.Tenths (or HH:MM) can be easily converted to minutes for data storage, and then displayed in whatever format the user prefers.

Thanks for the consideration.

I agree. The military is the only one I'm familiar with that uses hours and tenths. I would think a lot of users are in the airlines where they track hours and minutes. It should be a user chosen option.

I agree. The military is the only one I'm familiar with that uses hours and tenths. I would think a lot of users are in the airlines where they track hours and minutes. It should be a user chosen option.

Most of smaller GA uses Hours.Tenths due to the Hobbs meter. I couldn't tell you what the big iron GA jets use to track time.

FAA estimates for 2010 ... in millions of hours
Piston GA: 13
TurboProp & Jet GA: 5
Other GA: 3
Air Taxi: 3
Domestic Scheduled: 18 (Passenger service, does not include Cargo)

My guess is Air Carriers, Air Taxi, and a big chunk of TurboProp/Jet GA track time in Hours:Minutes. That is a lot of market that is being left out by only supporting Hours.Tenths.

Thanks Andy, I really look forward to having that capability and think it would be a big win for both your Customers and nc-software.

There are 121 cargo airlines and corp operators using hours and tenths...

more time logging options are planned. Hang in there.

Back