I am a new user and have a question.....

bozman

Hi All,

I am a new user of Logbook Pro and have a question.

Can the limitation of characters in the 'Remarks' section of the logbook be increased??

I ask because I like to give rather detailed descriptions of my flights, including the weather, who was onboard, ATC issues, things I saw, etc. I am running into an issue where the software is limiting my ability to imput all of the information I want to.

I am no software engineer, but it appears that this software has been constructed in MS Access or some other 'off the shelf' database software. Is this a restriction of database software (i.e. text fields can only be 255 characters in length)??

If so, will it be addressed in future revisions??

Also, the only real reason I purchased the software is because of the upcoming Pocket PC functionality. How far off is the Pocket PC implementation?? In an earlier post it appeared that it would be at the end of October. Is this correct??

Nice product, there is some room for improvement, but nice none the less.

Thanks,

John

John,

The text fields in typical databases are limited to 255 characters, as is the case with Logbook Pro. We will look into this for a future version, however, realize this is going to affect your reports. You may want to consider breaking your remarks across several custom TEXT fields, this way it may help organize your info to. Just an idea.

The Pocket PC hopefully will be out very soon. It's complete and in testing. Once testing and quality assurance is complete, it will go public.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I will attempt the custom text field 'trick'.

Also, I would like to offer my services as a beta tester. I have tested some software in the past and know the risks associated with it.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks again,

John

John,

The PDA Beta team is closed at this time. For general beta testing, feel free to send an e-mail to BETA-JOIN@LISTSERV.NC-SOFTWARE.COM and that will automatically join you to the beta team for upcoming software testing.

Thank you for your interest in helping ensure our software meets the highest quality standards.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back