Import errors

Beardad

I have done a CSV import into Logbook Pro. It has for some reason changed my aircraft type associated with certain N Numbers. It happens that some Airplanes' N numbers are the same on two Different Airplanes and types. The airplane gets sold and new airplane of a different type has the same N numbers as the old one. Three specific problems.

1 When the aircraft type is changed ithe the respective column it picks a different N number. this changes the N number and often totally corrupts the data entry fields for totals and entries associated with the field.

2 After the import of the CSV file all entries are associated with a C182 and it is really and Embraer 135, 140 or 145. What have I done? All my data is completely safe in it's origional format. So at worst I can reimnport the data once the corrections are made.

3 When hotsyncing my "Airline Pilot's Daily Log" by Auman Software using the ALPDL sync utility It keeps all data as origionally imported and I can't get the individual legs to separate out. Some days I fly five or more legs and on different airplaneswithdifferent tail numbers. Logbook Pro only shows a a series of stops and only uses the N Number of the first airplane flown for the day.

Help!!!!

Regards
Beardad

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Hello,

When performing an import, Logbook Pro will not affect any previous entries. If you change a A/C Type at any time and the N-Number in the cell is not a match, it will autofill to the last N-Number used for this type. This is 'by design' and cannot be disabled at this time.

I suggest attaching your CSV file so it can be reviewed, or e-mail it to support@nc-software.com. I see no way Logbook Pro can criss-cross N-Numbers as it is simply reading line-by-line and the import process is very simple technically speaking.

For the APDL issue, please contact Auman Software (www.airlinelogbook.com) for assistance with this inquiry.

Beardad

The Puzzle is that when I used the Hot Sync to import the data, Several Aircraft were msidentified as the wrong type. I had the correct N number but when I changed the type from a EMB 145 to a EMB 140 the N Number somehow changes.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
The N-Number changing is 'by design.' Whenever a Type is changed, Logbook Pro prepares the N-Number/Ident list for tail numbers associated with that type. As your logbook gets populated, this will most likely not be an issue. But until Logbook Pro gets a history of N-Numbers that you've flown, you may see this when changing A/C Types.