Jeppesen logbook import

Senator

I am a new subscriber, and am considering purchase of Logbook Pro. I have Jeppesen logbook, which is no longer for sale or supported by Jepp, and it seems to be possible to import the Jepp electronic log into Logbook Pro but no direct statement to that end seems to be in any of the literature I have seen. I tried to do a search on this site for Jeppesen and import but did not see anything that confirms the ability to import the Jepp logbook file.

Can I import my old Jepp logbook into your software? What are th steps required to do so?

I apologize if I am dredging up old info, but I did not find it whe I looked...

TIA

Regards,
Darden

Hi Darden,

No need to apologize; thank you for using the forums so others can learn from your questions. I am not familiar with Jeppesen FliteLog however I do believe there is an export system to export data to a text file. You can then use Logbook Pro's Import Wizard to import the data, which should be in either a comma delimited (CSV) or TAB delimited format. If you need assistance, please contact Jeppesen as they can probably assist. Jeppesen actually came over to our booth this weekend at the Sporty's event to discuss Logbook Pro. They know FliteLog is outdated and are pushing their customers to Logbook Pro. Contact them for assistance, they are super nice and I'm sure will get you what you need.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, when I contacted Jepp they just said that they no longer sold or supported their logbook sw.

The bad news is that I do not have the Jepp sw on my computer since my hd crashed. I only have the logbook file for my logs in the, apparently, Jepp proprietary format.(Yes there are a few of us that back up our docs)I lost the original sw and tried to contact Jepp for replacement sw since I was registered and had the original docs. They were unwilling to help. I'm way less than impressed with Jepp sw support, for very good reason. Your willingness to be kind to Jepp is commendable, but misplaced. I would have to think long and hard to buy Jepp sw of any kind after this.

I think I will stick to paper logbooks, since I don't have to worry about sw going out of style, and it took me DAYS to input my logs into the Jepp format, and I now have nothing to show for it. Let me know if you can figure a way to import the Jepp files, then I might change my mind about paper logbooks and try again. It just isn't worth the effort to re-input 37 years of logs ( I spent 25 years as a Flight Test Engineer for 3 major aerospace manufacturers - I have entries flying everything from 152's to F-16D and AH-64 Longbow Apache heli).

Kindest Regards,
Darden

Darden,

I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe someone else here does have the software and can get you to e-mail your data file to them and they can extract it for you. Search the forum for Jeppesen or FliteLog and see if you can locate someone that may be able to help. Send them a Private Message and maybe we can get someone to assist.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,

Thanks for your help - I was hesitant to ask for help for someone elses product on your forum...you are truly a gentleman and a good sport!

Regards,
Darden

Darden,

I am in the same boat as you are but I still have the original software for Jepps FliteLog if you need it. It's 1.3mb's and if you want it e-mailed to you, let me know and I'll send it as an attachment. My e-mail address is: emsav8er@comcast.net.

Scott

Importing Jeppesen Flitelog data

Hi all,

I'm, like Cpt Darden, really interested in "Logbook Pro". Like him, too, I would like that to have the proof that Jeppesen data are reusable.

I've tried, yesterday, for hours to import...It didn't work!

Can anybody help me ?

Hodari

Hello,

We can import Jeppesen FliteLog/Mentor data files. Send us the data file as well as your Logbook Pro order number and we'll import your data free as a one time offer for new customers. Submit a support ticket attaching the data file and we'll advise you from there.

Where do I send them ?

Hello,

We can import Jeppesen FliteLog/Mentor data files. Send us the data file as well as your Logbook Pro order number and we'll import your data free as a one time offer for new customers. Submit a support ticket attaching the data file and we'll advise you from there.

Hi,

I still don't know where to send the informations ....

Don't want to look "pushy", but can I ask how it will take ?

I connect to the net through a cyberbar... Imagine the rest of the story...

Hodari

Hi all,

Sorry for this long silence. I just arrived in Lubumbashi, back from Pretoria.

Thank for the help converting my old file. 65% of it was fine? for the rest, I'm still correcting the mistakes that appeared after the conversion.

I do like this new piece of software. Please, don't go bankrupt or, as did Jeppesen, don't abandon this project.

Hodari

Back