Just got back from a 3 day trip and...

SkyBound2000

...Used my IPAQ 5555 / PPC 2003with LBP PDA Companion for the first time in quite a while. I just did a complete reformat on my main PC hard drive and IPAQ PPC and reloaded everything from the beginning again, part of a "routine" maintenance I do on my systems annually. Anyhow, LBP PDAloaded and test ran accurately in the house, but then when I was on my trip is where the problems began. First of all let me say though that thank God for this little PDA program as it still saves me a lot of time when I get back from a trip:) Anyhow, we did 14 flights over 3 days (yes, commuter driver here). LBP, when getting the data at the end of the second flight, showed the first flight dep and dest airports as the second flight's airports. Then half way through the day, I noticed that a couple flights were completely missing. Last when I got home on the thrid day, I stuck the IPAQ in the cradle and got the following message:

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:41:25 AM, User: (name removed), synchronization started.
Synchronizing database (name removed).
Synchronizing table PDAAircraft.
Synchronizing table PDACertificates.
Synchronizing table PDACustom.
Synchronizing table PDADupTimes.
Synchronizing table PDAEventExpiration.
Synchronizing table PDAHistory.
Synchronizing table PDALogbook.
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
Data was inserted into field 2610858 on the device, but could not be added to the host database. For more information, see the above ODBC error message.
Synchronizing table PDARatings.
Synchronizing table PDAUserData.
Synchronizing table tblPalmCurrency.
Synchronizing table tblPalmLookback.
Synchronizing table tblPalmStats.
Synchronizing table tblPalmSummaryBar.

Summary of synchronization for database (name removed)
Changes to the Device Changes to the host computer
Table Name Ins Upd Del Ins Upd Del Conflict
PDAAircraft 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDACertificat 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDACustom 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDADupTimes 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDAEventExpir 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDAHistory 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDALogbook 0 0 1 10 0 0 1
PDARatings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
PDAU

Hello,

I don't know where the conflict came from, that is quite odd! The only thing I can suggest is if you haven't already made notes of any flights still on the PDA, do so, then go to the main screen of Logbook Pro, go to the menu (tools) and purge the data. Do a sync and go from there and hopefully it won't happen again. If you want, you may want to remove Logbook Pro from the PDA, remove the database in the sync list in ActiveSync (Click Options, select Pocket Access, Click Settings) and then retransmit your PC data to the PPC all over again to start clean.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I really don't want to do all that work. I'll take it on the next trip and see how it does and get back here with any more abnormalies. One thing that bugs still though is the autofill on the tail number. It WANTS to keep the previous tail number for at least 2 revolutions of inputs though the dest field... Many times we swap planes though the day.

Thanks

Sure, that's fine, if you want, it wouldn't hurt to enter a few test flights on the PPC and sync it up and see how it goes. I'd at least purge the PPC data before you do anything just to make sure the database data is clear before any new flights get entered.

Confirm you are using v1.9.8 on the PPC?

Can you explain further the Ident (Tail Num) issue?

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back