Keyboard on Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800)

Mach30SiR

I've been noticing ever since I installed the PPC companion on my Sprint Mogul (WM6) the keyboard doesnt work correctly in this program. It works perfectly sending text messages but in the PPC Companion it only types symbols. I have to use the on-screen keyboard to get anything in the route or remarks section. Has anyone else run into this problem, and what are the possible fixes.

I guess thats my fault for not seeing that as a hard requirement....

The Keyboard is so much easier to use. Any future support for phones (there are many of them) planned?

Anyone worked around this with some Reg Tweeks ect....?

I cant be the only one that wishes their keyboard worked.

Hello,

Our PDA products are not designed for keyboard use. They will only accept input via the stylus.

I just realized I made a mistake. I do know the Treo line of phones keyborads do work.

I will research your phone and see what I can come up with but I cannot make any promises.

Please make sure you are using the most current version of our software.

Thank you kindly...i'm using the latest - i just put it on the ppc-6800 last week. Let me know if you need anything else ie...testing or other

I just realized I made a mistake. I do know the Treo line of phones keyborads do work.

I will research your phone and see what I can come up with but I cannot make any promises.

Please make sure you are using the most current version of our software.

I can't say that I have found a reason other than that specific phone's keyboard may not be compatible.

Will their be any more research into this? What about future updates? The onscreen input takes up half the display and i cant even see what box i'm typing or what i'm typing. With more and more units having hardware keyboards - I'm sure i'm not the only one wishing this would be supported. I wish i knew this wouldn't work before i bought it - I might not have purchased this product....oh well, stuck with it now.

Hello,

Right now the PDA products are not active in development as they are feature complete and stable. We are working on the next version of Logbook Pro and other related development. The PDA's will be back in development in a few months and we will certainly see if we can find anything, however, we have run all tests on Windows Mobile 6 but something specific to a device that may be a problem is very hard to isolate without have that exact device. We test on various emulators as well to give us the widest reach in testing.

We offer all of our software on a try-before-you-buy basis allowing you to download software and use it to ensure full compatibility and satisfaction prior to purchase. This also allows people to tests new phones/devices within a return period by the provider. Make sure the keyboard is configured as desired and not in a function lock mode that is causing a problem as you describe.

I wish I could help you further but there is nothing we can do and have not had any other reports as you describe.

I've got the Mogul (PPC-6800) and I too am unable to use the keyboard for data entry. Completely unacceptable!
-Tom

After playing around and doing a lot of research on the phone I got to keyboard working now. All I had to do was update the ROM to the latest one that just came out from Sprint and now the Keyboard is working with APDL.

Back