Logbook Pro Not Responding

BenM

I have been using logbook pro on my previous computer (w/Windows 98) for about a year with no problems, but recently bought a brand new computer (Dell)with Windows XP w/service pack 2installed. I used the web install feature on the website to install logbook pro on the new machine, and the installation seemed to go fine. The program starts fine, but soon locks up, usually after I pass the mouse pointer over the Start icon, or any of the icons on the toolbar on the left side. (Logbook pro is maximized!) When I use Ctrl-Alt-Delete, I'm told Logbook Pro is not responding. I've since tried uninstalling and reinstalling (using web install) again. What could be happening here?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hello Ben,

I suggest uninstalling, reboot, reinstall Logbook Pro 1.9.7. If you have a backup of your data file, please e-mail support@nc-software.com your BAK file for review. If not, please find your data file (ends with .LBK) and ZIP compress it (http://www.winzip.com) and e-mail the ZIP file containing your LBK file for review.

This doesn't sound like a database issue however as it sounds like something on your machine has become unresponsive. Before doing any of the above, try just rebooting to see if that solves the issue. If not, then start the uninstall/reinstall and e-mailing the database for review.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back