Need Info logging aircraft details

yusukekun

Previously (and currently) all my aircraft tail numbers were logged in my Palm APDL and Logbook Pro omitting the N prefix. Now, on my iOS APDL, all my aircraft tails include the N prefix so I have dual entries for each aircraft, ie N123MM and 123MM, as I have imported the previous year's worth from my Palm data. I was planning to purge all the non N-number tails from APDL once the year is done and continue to log with N prefixes.
My question is, when APDL syncs with my desktop Logbook Pro, will it now show all the previous aircraft logged without N prefixes as different aircraft from the newly started list with N prefixes? Will I be better off fixing all the flights in APDL now and from now on to show the tails without the N?

I manually logged the N prefixes, but autofill is enabled for aircraft. How can I tell if autofill has kicked in for any of my flights due to my forgetting to enter the data?

You can't identify if an entry was completed by AutoFill or manually.

The easiest thing would most likely be to change the N numbers in APDL on iOS now. As the import to Logbook Pro desktop is not completed yet, I cannot guarantee how duplicate N numbers in this case would be handled.

As of now, N numbers in Logbook Pro desktop are not saved as individual aircraft, but are just a string of characters as entered. To change all the N numbers in Logbook Pro desktop would require you to change each one individually. You could send your logbook file to us and have us change them all for you but there may be a service charge for that. If you change the N number in APDL Settings/Aircraft/Aircraft Type/Tails, it will automatically update all flights with that aircraft selected.

APDL documentation about tail numbers has several screenshots to guide you through this process here Aircraft - APDL - WIKI

Thank you. Updating APDL sounds like the easiest fix, but it looks like if the tail number autofills, it will come with the N prefix. I also just noticed that the aircraft type in APDL is E145 as opposed to EMB-145 as listed in my Logbook Pro file. Maybe I'll have to cough up some money for your services...

Thank you. Updating APDL sounds like the easiest fix, but it looks like if the tail number autofills, it will come with the N prefix. I also just noticed that the aircraft type in APDL is E145 as opposed to EMB-145 as listed in my Logbook Pro file. Maybe I'll have to cough up some money for your services...

Just send in the backup of your Logbook to our helpdesk with what changes you want and I'll be happy to give you a quote

Here's mine for example

d5f4f81ca945650bd558b10558c9454a.jpg

Luckily all of my LBP data includes the N-number and so does my iOS APDL so I shouldn't have a problem.

Back