minutes conversion

English

Is there a way to enter flight time in minutes (eg. 36, 45) rather in the conventional .6, .7 format? I'm looking for a way to enter minutes and have the program convert to fractions of an hour (.6, .7 etc.). Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, if you enter the Takeoff and Landing times, or Out/In, and have it auto-calculate the Duration (Options...Flight Log) it will convert the minutes to the hours.tenths format.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I don't have the out/in times, just the total duration in minutes. Is this the only way to do it?

Thanks for the quick reply! That was fast!

Dear Neal,
by having people have minutes converted (ie. import OR OUT/IN) it will still round the actual number. It does not log every minute. I agree that over the long run it doesn't matter on how you log.

If wanting to log every single minute, you will have to enter more then one decimal. LBP will work with the exact number you input. If you already have the data in a excel sheet, make a conversion of your total time to be displayed in a decimal number. (you might have to multiply it by 24!!) This will make a 1:05 flight into 1.0833333

You know I have been dealing with this issue for some time now, but it works great (just a bit more typing). Can't wait for beta testing 1.9.6

Keep up the good work
Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Enter more than one decimal? I don't understand what you mean. Are you referring just to importing an Excel logbook? I'm looking for a way to enter flight time in minutes directly into Logbook Pro.

Neal, help!

At this time you can't enter minutes directly. You can enter a decimal number. This number is not limited to one decimal. (ie 1.1=1:06) The problem with the one decimal thing is that you always log into 6 minute increments. You can actually enter morethen one decimal(ie 1:05=1.083333 1:10=1.166666 1:15=1.33333) Although display will round them up, the calculations are based on the exact number you inputted.

I assume that you want to log according JAR/FCL? Ifso, out/in times are required anyways, making the conversion to a later version that supports minutes a lot easier. and more acurate. If you are interested, I created a MS Access conversion between LBP and a JAR/FCL Jeppesen layout that will print in minutes. email me off forum for this.

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Back