No sync PPC to PC with 1.10

André

Hi there!
Since 3 hours I try to get Logbook PPC running. But no way.
Installation performed as discribed in the read me file. First it doesn´t work, got the "data missing" massage. After I found out that the path is wrong (it´s a smartphone with moblie 5 and german software), the installer put it into "Programme", I chanced it into Program Files, copied the Logbook Pro Folder into it. Now it runs on the PPC.
But I am still unable to sync with the PC, Version used 1.10.18 PC and 1.10.8 on smartphone.
As soon as I start and close Logbook, I can see, the Active Sync starts to synchronise. Is there any else path wrong. `cause I made some entries on Logbook Pro Pocket, Synch process started, but no update in Logbook Pro. PDA WIzard also inop.
Any idea? Any path I need to correct? Thanks for help!
Take care,
best regards from germany, europe!

Hi!
Thanks for answering!
Yes, I can confirm this.´There is this folder with two entries. One 16,4K and the other one is 102B of size.

Andre,

With the files on your Pocket PC, I assume you are able to use the PPC and enter data, save, but the problem is sync'ing to the PC? If that is the case, confirm you are running the PDA Wizard with both the PC and Pocket PC licenses activated, then you get to the final step and click sync? On the page where you can click Sync, does it show any data in the breakdown such as X Ratings, X Certificates, X History, X Flight Entries? What happens when you click Sync?

I have a similiar problem. I floowed the PC and PPC upgrade instrcutions, however, when I try to run the PPC app it just site there and does nothing - nada. When you first load the app, there is a message that displays for only few seconds that says something to the effect that an error messahe cannot be displayed. Help!

KHausler said:
I have a similiar problem. I floowed the PC and PPC upgrade instrcutions, however, when I try to run the PPC app it just site there and does nothing - nada. When you first load the app, there is a message that displays for only few seconds that says something to the effect that an error messahe cannot be displayed. Help!
Hello,

Make sure when installing the .NET Compact Framework and Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion you are installing this to your PC. During the install process the required files will be sent to the Pocket PC. There seems to be some confusion on how to install software to the Pocket PC where we are getting reports of people copying the files to their PPC and trying to install from there. That is not how to install to the Pocket PC, you install to your PC only. If that is the case here, please try this, also make sure you are using Windows Mobile 2003 (Windows CE 4.2) or later.

PPC Upgrade Issue

Yes sir, I followed the instructions. Installed .net framework first. Uninstalled the PPC software on the PC which uninslated the app on the PPC. I then installed the upgrade version; had to reactivate licenses, and here is where I am. The PC app works ok. Log book went through a data conversion, and apperas to all be fine. The PPC app does not work. It hangs.

Also, I cannot stress enough, you must have Logbook Pro 1.10.18 later running on the PC as prior versions, even beta/RC versions will not function correctly on the PPC side with the data passed from the PC.

KHausler said:
Yes sir, I followed the instructions. Installed .net framework first. Uninstalled the PPC software on the PC which uninslated the app on the PPC. I then installed the upgrade version; had to reactivate licenses, and here is where I am. The PC app works ok. Log book went through a data conversion, and apperas to all be fine. The PPC app does not work. It hangs.

Please provide details of which device you are using, the OS Version (Asset Viewer if you have it will tell this info), ActiveSync version, are you running United States regional settings or another country locale, etc.?

I see no reason it shouldn't work. If you go into Settings...Memory...Remove Programs, is ".NET Compact Framework 2.0" listed?

Have you tried a soft reset of the device?

Try removing then reinstalling the Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion software. You may also want to make sure /Program Files/Logbook Pro and also /My Documents/Logbook Pro are removed/deleted (using File Explorer) after the software is uninstalled from the PC side. After uninstalling from the PC (Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs area) you can also go into ActiveSync Tools...Add/Remove programs and make sure "NC Software Logbook Pro" is not listed, if it is, click it then click Remove.

Lastly, you can update to ActiveSync 3.8 and see if that makes any difference. I know that's the latest version for WinCE 4.x devices, in fact ActiveSync 4.x should work fine too, but I would try 3.8 first.

More PPC Upgrade

Yes to .Net
Yes to reset.
Will uninstall again and see if it goes.....Be back in a minute or so.

Uninstalled .net, PPC from PC and PPC, deleted folders as directed, reinstalled .net and PPC app - no joy. I use explorer to look at the PPC and see no logbook. I only see one file in the programfiles/logbook pro folder; it is logbook pro.exe. What should I do? OH, also uninstalled Activesyc 3.7 and installed 3.8.

Got up this morning and uninstalled the whole shabang. Reinstalled per the instructions. PPC does not work. I need some technical help not teletype messages from the forum. I opened a trouble ticket yesterday -
HWF-136549 - I need to talk to a technician. Is this possible?

I have an Ipaq 4155. I first installedthe 24.5 MB version of .net - no change. I then installed the abbreviated version - no change. The previous version of Logbook Pro PPC worked fine.

I've been researching this issue.

Do you have an external storage card in this device? If so, confirm you have not installed either .NET Compact Framework or Logbook Pro to the external storage card as only main memory is supported?

How much memory do you have free on the device?

Confirm you did not actually copy any of the installers to your device as they are installed from the PC?

Have you checked with HP to ensure your device has the latest ROM updates?

Thanks.

Yes, I do have an external storage card. Only terrain files for a moving map/GPS app are stored there. The Ipaq currently has 56.77 mb of main memory. The Ipaq is set manage memory automatically. Cuurently, there is 20.13mb available to storage and 17.09 mb available to programs. Correct, I did not copy the installers to the PPC. I went through the PC desktop and ran the install programs normally. My Ipaq does have the most recent ROM update.

I am having problems as well.

Dell Axium51v
Microsoft.NET CF 2.0
NC. Software,INc. Logbook Pro

PC running XP Pro
Log Book Pro 1.10.18
Active Sync 4.1.0

I have installed uninstalled, performed a hard reboot on my PDA (lost all data thank you).

When trying to start LBP on the PPC
"The Data file is missing. Accomplish the ActiveSync configuration step in the PDA wizard."

When trying to start LBP PDA Wizard on the PC
"Pocket PC not detected or Logbook Pro is running on the device. Ensure device is cradled/connected via ActiveSync. Logbook Pro should also be closed (File..Shutdown) on the device."

Your instructions show that
"After installation is complete you have to initialize the data on the Pocket PC so it can be populated with information from your PC based Logbook. If you have not started using Logbook Pro on your PC, you must add your aircraft in the Options...Aircraft area at this time. To initialize the data on the Pocket PC, make sure your device is cradled and connected via ActiveSync, then simply start Logbook Pro on the PC, then shut down Logbook Pro on the PC. Every time Logbook Pro closes on your PC it will detect if your Pocket PC is connected via ActiveSync and automatically update its resources. No ActiveSync configuration or interaction is required, this is completely automated!"

Your instructions also say "*Synchronization requires a purchased PDA Companion Key Code (license) which is not part of the PC software. After purchasing the PDA Companion license, enter the key code (license) into BOTH the PDA Companion AND the PC under PDA menu to enable synchronization."

I have purchased the key codes and entered them. I have wasted last night and today trying to get this done.

Back