No sync PPC to PC with 1.10

PC has

C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Pocket PC Companion
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Temp
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\updates

PPC has

\Program Files\Logbook Pro

The PPC does not have Logbook Pro under my documents. The installation program did not create a folder there. Also this would not explain why it cannot detect the PPC from the PC.

When I try to run .net 2 or whatever's it's called, I get an error message saying the connected device is not supported. It would have been nice to have known this before I uninstalled 1.9.9 (which was working perfectly) from my PC and PPC, created a new partnership.
This whole thing is really frustrating. I'm getting multiple runtime error messages every time I try to do anything from LBP, such as solicity help, LBP will not open on my PPC. I'm dead in the water.
What can I do? Can you email me versions 1.9.9 for PPC and PC so I can go back to how it was?
thanks
d

Folks,

Please do not all pile on to one thread. These are all unrelated issues. When posting a message please create a new thread unless your issue is identical. I also need details to assist you such as your Device Make & Model, OS version (i.e. either Pocket PC 2003 or Windows CE 4.2 from the Asset Viewer). Please review the requirements as listed on our web site. The older version is available if you need it, you can download it from this URL. For the new version it does require Pocket PC 2003 or later. Pocket PC 2000/2002 is not supported.

alfere said:
PC has

C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Pocket PC Companion
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Temp
C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\updates

PPC has

\Program Files\Logbook Pro

The PPC does not have Logbook Pro under my documents. The installation program did not create a folder there. Also this would not explain why it cannot detect the PPC from the PC.

The installer will not create "/My Documents/Logbook Pro" as Logbook Pro will create this itself when first run.

Donald,

I got your e-mail reply to this thread. Windows CE 3.0 is Pocket PC 2000/2002 which .NET Compact Framework 2.0 does not support. You'll have to stay with 1.9.9 (both on PC and PPC) or treat yourself to a newer Pocket PC that has Pocket PC 2003 or later.

Logbook Pro 1.10.18 (PC) is NOT backward compatible with 1.9.9's Pocket PC, contrary to what I expected previously. I just checked the code and it won't work. I have adjusted the code so when the next version does come out (maintenance update) which I don't anticipate any time soon, it will then be compatible. One glimmer of hope, we are getting quite a few reports of APDL sync issues and if we do find this to be a problem in the software, it will trigger an update and you'll be in luck! As I may have mentioned, I have already recoded the PDA Wizard so it will be backward compatible, but again, I don't anticipate an update in the near future unless other elements warrant the update.

I created a folder on the PPC. No change. Is there a way to manually put the data file on the PPC so I can get it to open.

Thanks!!

I have now completly un-installed LBP and LBPC. Deleted all reg entries. Re-intsalled. No difference.

LBP will not create the folder on the PPC nor will the PDA wizard find the PPC.

The PPC is link to the PC because your LBPC installed Logbook Pro program on the PPC with no problem.

Any ideas??

Please submit a support ticket so I can send you an updated build that may correct this issue. I'm working on the NullReferenceException issue now and as soon as that's done I will provide the updated EXE for those involved.

Back